PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Tbh I thought someone had to move into the stadiums or they become decrepid and fall down. And I didn't hear of utd or any other club going for them at the time.

So instead of that, if City right now were to ask for public money to move into a new stadium we all know what the answer would be. Even if we were still in Maine Road. Everyone would be shocked at multi billionaires asking for public money. The media would spin it against us.

And right now the media are being fed what to say by ratcliff and the utd corporate machine so that the country would come to accept that this is the right thing to do.
I think I’m right in saying United turned down the chance of moving to Eastlands before we got involved

I think I’m right in saying United turned down the chance of moving to Eastlands before we got involved
Gary James wrote about it but not sure if anyone at the council ever confirmed it. Quite likely it did happen, it would be odd not to discuss what would happen after the games with any potential clubs, but it was probably only unofficially so there don't seem to be records of meeting agenda or even emails like you would have today. Not that emails are proof of anything, AS WE ALL KNOW. (Just putting that there for the hard of thinking journalists).

From my memory, I seem to recall that when Manchester was bidding for the Olympics the stadium design was much bigger (80k?) and there was also the backdrop of where the national football stadium was going to be built and that I only recall mention of the rags taking it on after but when it went to the Commonwealth design at only 40k there was less mention of them and then we were confirmed quite quickly. I suppose they were already at 55k (due to taxpayers money from Euro 96) so it probably didn't make sense at the time to move to a stadium which would be a similar size.

Tbh I thought someone had to move into the stadiums or they become decrepid and fall down. And I didn't hear of utd or any other club going for them at the time.

So instead of that, if City right now were to ask for public money to move into a new stadium we all know what the answer would be. Even if we were still in Maine Road. Everyone would be shocked at multi billionaires asking for public money. The media would spin it against us.

And right now the media are being fed what to say by ratcliff and the utd corporate machine so that the country would come to accept that this is the right thing to do.
If they didn't have a tenant for a lot of these stadiums they'd either never be built in the first place or become white elephants haemorrhaging money for the local councils, regardless of what Seb Coe believes.

The chelsea prat is just being a dick.

Gary James wrote about it but not sure if anyone at the council ever confirmed it. Quite likely it did happen, it would be odd not to discuss what would happen after the games with any potential clubs, but it was probably only unofficially so there don't seem to be records of meeting agenda or even emails like you would have today. Not that emails are proof of anything, AS WE ALL KNOW. (Just putting that there for the hard of thinking journalists).

From my memory, I seem to recall that when Manchester was bidding for the Olympics the stadium design was much bigger (80k?) and there was also the backdrop of where the national football stadium was going to be built and that I only recall mention of the rags taking it on after but when it went to the Commonwealth design at only 40k there was less mention of them and then we were confirmed quite quickly. I suppose they were already at 55k (due to taxpayers money from Euro 96) so it probably didn't make sense at the time to move to a stadium which would be a similar size.
ManUre were offered the stadium, but preferred to stay at the iconic Old Toilet.

With a new Wembley in the planning, the government decided they didn't want another stadium to compete & undermine the success of a new Wembley, so the CoMS plans were reduced from a £150m 80000 all seater stadium, with a retractable roof, to a 38000 all seater stadium, without the retractable roof.

CoMS was redesigned so it's capacity could be increased if needed to around 60000, but the retractable roof was dumped in the bin. £150m was deemed too much for City, but what was the eventual cost of rebuilding Wembley again?

The North ALWAYS gets the shitty end of the stick from those in the ivory tower of Westminster.

Billionaire Yank owner
Billionaire Shareholder

NO PUBLIC TAX MONEY

NHS Hospitals
Trans Pennine Railways
Illegal immigration control
Legal immigration
reduction
Manchester Metro & integrated transport

Yewnytid,Glazers & scruffy Jim are tax exiles, and rat has used government (public) tax grants on several occasions to build factory's at someone else's expense.

The fact that Yewnytid have chosen NOT to invest in their crumbling swamp or surrounding area is NO justification for using public tax funds to build a new one for them.

KILL this slippery idea NOW before it gains any momentum.

The task force is an ID line up of disreputable chancers & oppotunists, none of who live in Manchester.

NO PUBLIC TAX MONEY !!
Did like that final Fall LP !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.