PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

My WhatsApp group has lit up because of this Forest news, could any of you more intelligent people refute this?

The reason a lot of people think they are guilty is there were leaked documents which UEFA were given which showed there was false accounting (and I think City maybe even admitted to it?). But under UEFA's rules too much time had passed to charge them, whereas the Premier League doesn't have a time limit in its rules.
There is substantial material in the CAS findings to refute this rubbish.

The CAS found that “leaked email number four is in fact a combination of two separate emails” which gives a “somewhat distorted impression”, and they based their decision on the originals, rather than the hacked versions published by Der Spiegel.

City had said the leaked emails should not be admissible, but still answered the allegations based on them, and eventually agreed to release the original emails – there were six of them and one attachment used, out of around 5.5million hacked emails.

The panel found that the accounts also do not contradict City’s case, and that Uefa had singularly failed to provide any real proof that the Blues had breached FFP rules. They added: “There is no doubt that Etihad fully complied with its payment obligations towards MCFC and that MCFC rendered the contractually agreed services to Etihad in return.”

City did not deny the emails existed but not in the context that they were reported.

Once city showed CAS through the accounts and actual in person statements that what was stated by Pearce did not actually happen and that the sponsorships(ethiad) paid the full amount to City via a 3rd party, why this was done is not 100 clear unless you are an accountant, and that City’s performance on the pitch satisfied their contractual obligations to said sponsor.

All of city’s accounts are published and free to view. Nothing is hidden.

The time barred is a red hearing. City had the evidence ready to produce at CAS but CAS deemed it not necessary for to the time barred element. The premier league have a 6 year period of statute of limitation in uk law. It takes effect once the discovery is made so we ain’t sure when that will kick in.

I’m sure if any of this is wrong, someone will be along to correct it. I assume you mean the emails when you talk about leaked documents.

Just tell them to fuck off -:)

Close enough :)

The most important point, in my opinion, is that the emails in themselves don't prove anything. Ask any lawyer. What is important is what actually happened after the discussions in any emails. UEFA couldn't prove that what they thought was discussed in the emails actually happened. They couldn't even prove what they thought was discussed in the emails was what was actually discussed. So a combination of the accounting records which did show what actually happened and personal statements from people who actually knew what happened, describing what did actually happen (and what UEFA thought happened didn't) along with some external financial evidence from sponsors and owner, all carried more weight than a few unsubstantiated allegations.

The same will happen to the PL allegations, imho.

And yes, the tine-barring is a red herring, the evidentiary situation is the same.

Last edited:
My WhatsApp group has lit up because of this Forest news, could any of you more intelligent people refute this?

The reason a lot of people think they are guilty is there were leaked documents which UEFA were given which showed there was false accounting (and I think City maybe even admitted to it?). But under UEFA's rules too much time had passed to charge them, whereas the Premier League doesn't have a time limit in its rules.
Send them this and tell them to read it for themselves

CAS Report

Close enough :)

The most important point, in my opinion, is that the emails in themselves don't prove anything. Ask any lawyer. What is important is what actually happened after the discussions in any emails. UEFA couldn't prove that what they thought was discussed in the emails actually happened. They couldn't even prove what they thought was discussed in the emails was what was actually discussed. So a combination of the accounting records which did show what actually happened abd personal statements from people who actually knew what happened, describing what did actually happen (and what UEFA thought happened) didn't along with some external financial evidence from sponsors and owner, all carried more weight than a few unsubstantiated allegations.

The same will happen to the PL allegations, imho.

And yes, the tine-barring is a red herring, the evidentiary situation is the same.
And that is the thing that the eejits don't get.

With my limited understanding...if I sent an email to you saying I was going to come round your house tomorrow and beat you up and tomorrow, you get beat up...does it mean I did it?

And that is the thing that the eejits don't get.

With my limited understanding...if I sent an email to you saying I was going to come round your house tomorrow and beat you up and tomorrow, you get beat up...does it mean I did it?

I better be nice to you :)

A better analogy is if you threaten in an email to beat me up and you get charged with beating me up even though there is no evidence that anyone beat me up. That case wouldn't last long.

That’s mate appreciate the reply.

in essence, right or wrong no longer is relevant. City deny the charges and the league is pissed they are not able to access the material they deem would incriminate city so fuck you here is 115 charges as a consequence because we know you did something but can’t prove it. The red teams are climbing up their bum with hysterical insanity. -:)

I think it may be a little less insidious than that, more procedural.

Imho, the PL is pissed because the club hasn't provided them with information that the PL knows will counter the allegations and that they know exists because it, or similar, was presented to CAS. So they were stuck with unanswered allegations they either had to drop, or refer. They chose refer, probably under pressure.

Either way, I reckon they know they are on a loser.

Last edited:
Jordan turning into his usual shithouse when talking about City, @projectriver as always responding with facts which Jordan can't accept on the topic of City.
He’s already decided we’re guilty, he hates City our ownership model. “Frankenstein club” even if City are cleared he won’t accept it. He’s a posh speaking tosser!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.