PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

If scruffy Jim gets taxpayers money to invest in a new stadium, then I think there would be mass protest from people who work in the medical and education field where a lack of investment is far more needed than some football stadium that could be built out of his own pocket! The fact Andy burnham supports his idea says it all about him as a mayor for me! He is terrible that Andy burnham! He just creeps on other peoples ideas! Waits for the media reaction and the jumps on the side that is in the majority usually! I think the mayor should be that guy who sets up park life every year! He seems to speak a lot of sense in regards to Manchester and business, plus he is from here not like burnham

Sacha Lord is his name. Went to school with his brother.
Totally irrelevant fact there.

If the club is supremely confident about defeating these charges they should be more strident in asserting that.

What is there to lose from that?
Nothing to lose. The boards Uncle Tom act is hard to understand by fans, who daily have to face the insults and slurs of 115. A little help from the club would be appreciated, but all we get is silence. It’s like they don't give a shit about their fans.

Its amazing that after what this club has set out to achieve and what is has achieved that people still criticise and doubt it for refusing to shoot down and argue with assasanine idiots throwing baseless accusations, they have already decided we are guilty and nothing anyone says especially the club is going to change that so just laugh in the full knowledge that the club is playing chess while these fuckers are playing tiddlywinks.

Aside from the fact that ffp is a pile of balls. Clubs are supposed to break even and the 35m per year safety net or whatever isn’t meant to be the target to work against. 0m is the target. Increasing the 35m in line with inflation perpetuates that. Whereas surely it should be being reduced each year until there’s no deficit. Ignoring inflation had that happy natural effect. Aside from that it’s a pile of balls.

Its amazing that after what this club has set out to achieve and what is has achieved that people still criticise and doubt it for refusing to shoot down and argue with assasanine idiots throwing baseless accusations, they have already decided we are guilty and nothing anyone says especially the club is going to change that so just laugh in the full knowledge that the club is playing chess while these fuckers are playing tiddlywinks.
This is where I’m at too. I’m not sure that going after various media would be very classy. In fact it would be a very red shirt thing to do. But then I’ve always been a turn the other cheek type.

When the richest, most powerful and commercially successful league in the world appears to be so, inexplicably, hell-bent on self-destruction, I think it's worth, at least, considering the possibility that, far from being incompetence, it's actually a deliberate act of sabotage from within.

After all, if we, and Martin Samuel, could see the utter shambles that would Inevitably result, why couldn't the architects of the whole disaster.

If we consider who would benefit from the collapse of the PL, who would love to see the PL implode, the answer has to be La Liga, Serie A and the Bundesliga. So we're talking, primarily, the most powerful clubs in those leagues Madrid, Barca, Athletico the Milan clubs, Juventus, Bayern and Dortmund. Essentially, those leagues' representatives in the old G14. Apart from the German clubs, that's, also, essentially, the clubs refusing to give up on the ESL. But the ESL is nothing without the most powerful English clubs to carry it through and structure of the PL and, specifically the voting structure of the PL, means that Arsenal, united, liverpool and Spurs could be out-voted or, worse, in theory, voted out. We've recently seen what some media sources, most notably, Sky, describe as a "rebellion" where some clubs had the audacity to vote against the "associated party" rule changes. In short, there are signs that the other clubs are beginning to flex their muscles. So, change the voting rights. Liverpool and united were frustrated in their attempts to do just that in Project Big Picture where, in association with Rick Parry, their PL puppet, Richard Masters', equivalent in the EFL, they attempted to tie increased payments to the EFL to increased voting rights for 9 certain clubs including, oddly, City, Everton, West Ham and Southampton. The kicker being that the way it was structured was that only 6 clubs were required to carry any proposal., one of which, incidentally, was the power to veto new owners, So Arsenal, united, liverpool, spurs and chelsea only needed one other vote to do as they pleased. That plan was frustrated by the other clubs in the PL.

All that presents a real problem for the 4 PL clubs most determined to join the ESL. That is, unless the Premier League is brought to heel and ceases to be the commercial force that it has been and would continue to be, unless it somehow contrived to self-destruct. And at that point, the white knights would ride in to save the day. Only with certain pre-conditions......

Fanciful ? Possibly, but I'm not so sure.

Last edited:
Brilliant and spot on. He's taken the best product in world football and ruined it. If it carries on in this way English clubs will be championship level once more in Europe. As for a regulator, if whoever is appointed does as good a job as the absolute fuckwits running the country football really is fucked.
They don’t give a fuck! As long as they get the rags to be top dog again. That’s all they want

I'm not arguing for PSR, but I thought the argument for not uprating with inflation was that they didn't want clubs losing money.

The £105m isn't a figure that they've decided is a fair level to lose/invest in a club, it was there to give some flexibility when the rules were introduced. Ten years on, clubs have had plenty of time to make sure their finances are compliant.

Correct. I thought one of the main reasons for FFP at the time (at least, stated reasons) was to control "football inflation" by ensuring the clubs didn't lose, for example, too much money.

It is wholly consistent with that aim then to continue to increase regulation of "football inflation" by leaving the allowable losses at the same level, requiring further belt tightening by the clubs. Or maybe it was just about stopping City after all .....

To suggest Everton and Forest would have complied with FFP if you doubled the allowable losses after the reckless spending of those two clubs over the last couple of years is just bizarre.

This whole "the allowable losses should increase with inflation" thing has only come about since United are in danger of failing, the PL has started sanctioning points deductions and the increasing realisation that Masters is way out of his depth.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.