PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I already bombarded and weary by my own reds shite dominated family calling our club cheats every single day.

Any honeyed statement from the club will not change a damn thing about my situation. My family will still talk shite about our club regardless if our club makes any statement or not
That’s why we were given foreheads. The trick is to aim for the bridge of the nose.

When the richest, most powerful and commercially successful league in the world appears to be so, inexplicably, hell-bent on self-destruction, I think it's worth, at least, considering the possibility that, far from being incompetence, it's actually a deliberate act of sabotage from within.

After all, if we, and Martin Samuel, could see the utter shambles that would Inevitably result, why couldn't the architects of the whole disaster.

If we consider who would benefit from the collapse of the PL, who would love to see the PL implode, the answer has to be La Liga, Serie A and the Bundesliga. So we're talking, primarily, the most powerful clubs in those leagues Madrid, Barca, Athletico the Milan clubs, Juventus, Bayern and Dortmund. Essentially, those leagues' representatives in the old G14. Apart from the German clubs, that's, also, essentially, the clubs refusing to give up on the ESL. But the ESL is nothing without the most powerful English clubs to carry it through and structure of the PL and, specifically the voting structure of the PL, means that Arsenal, united, liverpool and Spurs could be out-voted or, worse, in theory, voted out. We've recently seen what some media sources, most notably, Sky, describe as a "rebellion" where some clubs had the audacity to vote against the "associated party" rule changes. In short, there are signs that the other clubs are beginning to flex their muscles. So, change the voting rights. Liverpool and united were frustrated in their attempts to do just that in Project Big Picture where, in association with Rick Parry, their PL puppet, Richard Masters', equivalent in the EFL, they attempted to tie increased payments to the EFL to increased voting rights for 9 certain clubs including, oddly, City, Everton, West Ham and Southampton. The kicker being that the way it was structured was that only 6 clubs were required to carry any proposal., one of which, incidentally, was the power to veto new owners, So Arsenal, united, liverpool, spurs and chelsea only needed one other vote to do as they pleased. That plan was frustrated by the other clubs in the PL.

All that presents a real problem for the 4 PL clubs most determined to join the ESL. That is, unless the Premier League is brought to heel and ceases to be the commercial force that it has been and would continue to be, unless it somehow contrived to self-destruct. And at that point, the white knights would ride in to save the day. Only with certain pre-conditions......

Fanciful ? Possibly, but I'm not so sure.
As well as those leagues, the US owned redshirts would gain their nirvana and get their 6% return. Those clubs have no desire to see the PL successful.

The idea that 20 clubs will come up with a "fair FFP" is part of the problem. The "top" clubs dont want anybody takng their place; the "middle" clubs want to spend as much as they can to become "top" but don't want anyone coming from below to be "middle" and the clubs at the bottom want to spend as much as they want to be able to survive. Then you have owners who want to invest as much as they can, and owners who want to invest as little as they have to. It's hopeless.

This is an area where the IR should set the basic parameters of FFP for the good of the game then let the clubs agree rules within those parameters.

Personally, I would just scrap break even and squad cost rules in the PL but require pre-active monitoring of debt, along with stronger F&PP tests and some rules over community assets. The top clubs will have to comply with UEFA FFP anyway, which still has break even and squad cost requirements. That way clubs can invest to succeed but need to trim their finances accordingly (to the higher revenue figures) when they get to the top.
Yes. The one thing that UEFA’s ffp lacks is control of debt. The PL version should be based primarily on this and this alone

The issue with these rules is that they have solely been introduced to stop anybody taking the place of United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs we managed to do it just but that is it. I have seen comments in this thread about “stuff Forest with their reckless spending”. What’s reckless about a very rich man spending money he can afford on what he wants. The club is not being put under a mountain of debt so there is nothing reckless about it. Badly judged perhaps but that is his prerogative. I see today that Newcastle and Villa may have to sell Isak and Jacob to comply with the rules so how can these clubs hope to move up the ladder. As long as clubs are not being saddled with debt then let the owners spend what they want!!!
Time for Mr. Bohely to come out in favour of this. He may do if Chelsea get docked points.

According to other fans, apparently his son works for the club so he's on the payroll. Fuck em. I don't have much sympathy.
The only connection Martin Samuel has to the club go back to our former chairman David Bernstein, certain links to the Jewish community and the Arab Spring rising of 2010. Samuel used to pen articles for the Jewish Chronical and was vocal on Middle Eastern money coming into the Premier League.

Linked is a very interesting article from a fair few years ago, which gives an interesting insight into the business mindset in the Arab world and goes a long way into explaining how City are dealing with the current attack on our club and its ownership. It also shines a light on Arsenal's courting of Middle Eastern investment and the clamour from their hypocritical fanbase to take the "dirty oil money" and return the club to its former glories.

Last edited:
Agreed mate, only needs to be something short and reassuring directed to the fans of the club, no response to the nuggets or anything confrontational, I really can’t see anything wrong with that.
Message To all fans of Manchester City from Khaldoon Al Mubarak:
Too many wet fannies around. Grow a pair.
Yours Sincerely,
A friend of @Joe Donachie

Not fanciful at all, sadly. The PL and (by way of projection) any Super League are/would be enormous cash generators and we are the proverbial fly in the ointment, dipping our paws in the honeypot year after year after year, and walking away with the better part of £100m a season in prize money from the CL alone, not to mention all that silverware that had previously been reserved for United, Liverpool and Arsenal. Pretty much every time we finish in the top 4, one of them misses out on a pot of gold and they’re forced to spend large sums of money to try and keep up with us and, as long as Pep remains at the helm at City certainly, there’s no sign of that changing any time soon.

No surprise then that they want us gone. They’ve been trying for years. Rule changes galore in an attempt to stymie us and benefit themselves, and now we’re reaching a Game of Thrones style ‘all or nothing’ denouement. Those fucking context-free Der Spiegel emails gave them the chance to try and ruin us that they’d hitherto been unable to obtain (and Blues should be under no illusions as to the extent of the resentment these entitled bastards have for us by the way - they don’t want us just “punished” without the inconvenience of a trial, they want us, to borrow from John Kreese in the Karate Kid, “out of commission, permanently.” IMO, not just relegated and stripped of titles, but damaged reputationally beyond all repair and then excluded from the entire Football League structure).
CAS was of course surely meant to act as the catalyst for our removal, but the judgment went our way, and so this now is the last hurrah instead. They’ve had 4 years to learn from their mistakes and prepare, and all the pieces are potentially now in place. A CEO who had to be ‘auditioned’ at Anfield and the Swamp before being approved for the role, a Chairwoman who is a season card holder at United, Parry in charge of the EFL (you can make your own minds up about his alleged previous associations with certain overseas journalists) and an Arsenal fan invited to select the panel for our tribunal and, as long as that panel is cautious with its legal vocabulary, no right of appeal to anything other than another rubber stamping PL appointed panel, in the event they decide we’re guilty, and new “associated party” legislation in place to “manage” any attempt at a return to our former position.
I should stress I cast no aspersion over the actual integrity of those just mentioned. For all I know they may be all absolutely committed to affording us a fair hearing, but unfortunately their club associations can’t fail but make me itch. I can’t even go to fucking Sainsbury’s in a City hat without some cnut or another shouting “cheats” at me, so I can’t imagine the opinions they’re going to be surrounded by at places like Anfield or the Emirates, for all that there may be educated individuals like David Dein floating about, are going to be anything other than loaded.
We’ve unquestionably missed the boat IMO, in attempting to counter some of the relentless propaganda spewing out of rival clubs and MSM, particularly as regards to the current round of “what about City?” bullshit. Apart from Stefan Borson being wheeled out on Talkshite every now and then to be interrupted by that City hating troll Jordan, our media presence in the dreary “what about City?” debate, has been practically zero, and even then it feels like an exercise in futility to try and convince the “cor blimey” merchants who listen to that clown car of a radio station that we should even have the right to a hearing, never mind entertain the possibility that we might not even be guilty of anything. For the record I have zero sympathy for Everton, who voted for FFP, I have zero sympathy for Newcastle, who also voted for FFP and were one of the hateful 8, I have zero sympathy for Forest, who spent recklessly, and every time one of their wanker fans lashes out at us, as if we were the fucking enemy, it makes me boil.

There are causes for optimism - the ongoing stadium expansion at the Etihad for one and the fact that I genuinely don’t think we did what we’re accused of (if I were a gambling man, I would have money on the AD Executive Authority, ie. the UAE government, having covered the disputed £59m of Etihad’s £67m sponsorship deal, not ADUG). There’s also then the reach of our owners, which is prodigious. I just hope we (the club) haven’t been complacent on that basis though, because the one thing I fear is not that we might actually be guilty (and we may or may not be, I have no idea), but rather that our guilt or innocence is almost irrelevant, and a gigantic stitch up is currently being played out.
Triple like.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.