PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

By being quiet? Fair enough I understand why they would do that tbh. I am beginning to think though that some City fans are only hearing what the media are saying all the time.
I get your point, but feel anything we did say would just get twisted and those listening to the media would be back to square one.

Do you believe the club shouldnt defend itself right now?

The thing is: it's like having a discussion on Talksport. Anything the club says will be misrepresented, talked over, talked down. So what does the club do then? Issue another statement to clarify the misrepresentation? It would be never ending and give the press/ social media exactly what they want.

The sort of people who are getting their knickers in a twist from press/ social media now will be getting their knickers twisted even more by the misrepresentations after a brief sigh of relief following a statement from the club.

It's much, much better for everyone if the club says nothing, imho.

By being quiet? Fair enough I understand why they would do that tbh. I am beginning to think though that some City fans are only hearing what the media are saying all the time.
It's not for us to prove our innocence but for them to prove our guilt. No need for us to say anything further even tho some of our fans would like reassuring!! What reassures me is that the owners are going about growing us more and investing more and more in everything at the club. That's all I need I'd be worried if all that stopped.

Any uplift from a club statement saying that we are vigorously defending ourselves in the case against us and that we are confident that we will be cleared would last for a week at most. After that it would be as you were on here and nothing whatsoever would change with the narrative outside of the club and our supporters. It would just be a token effort as it has no bearing on the actual outcome.

Any uplift from a club statement saying that we are vigorously defending ourselves in the case against us and that we are confident that we will be cleared would last for a week at most. After that it would be as you were on here and nothing whatsoever would change with the narrative outside of the club and our supporters. It would just be a token effort as it has no bearing on the actual outcome.
I imagine it would last more than a week and be a welcomed boost for many. We were charged in Feb 2023 and it is only now some are hoping for the club to re state it's position. Hardly impatience.

As usual it becomes - massive unquestioning, club are perfect fan v moaning, spoiled fanny wipes debate.

A simple acknowledgement of the fans and adamant reiteration of our innocence would go a long way at the moment.

Some of these old Samuel articles are fascinating, looking back.
Very true, he's just about the only journalist I go out of my way to read. When you consider this article was published 10 years ago, some of the content is a pretty accurate portrayal of today's ownership.

His comments are interesting when he states that the City investment by SM is very much his personal investment and he describes Malcolm Glazer in the same vein. Makes you wonder why he's allowed Scruffy Jim to enter the fray? I think we all know the answer to that.

The paragraph on how the Arab nations do their business quietly, efficiently and away from the public domain, tells us exactly we why we have maintained a dignified silence whilst our detractors do their dirty deeds through a compliant MSM, podcasts and rabid twitter rants.

We are in VERY good hands.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.