PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I think I don't care for your opinion, bucko
Passive aggressive much. It’s alright you saying you don’t care if we spent more than allowed everyone else did but the allegations amount to fraud. If proven leaving aside the relegation that would follow police etc would be involved and then criminal proceedings striking off of directors etc

I think why the club’s silence has come into my mind now, when it didn’t really occupy my thoughts a week or so ago, is that the sands appear to be shifting quite quickly with regards to PL financial rules - and now seems to me to be an apposite time for the club to try and take some initiative, assuming they are supremely confident of the ground they are standing on, which I believe is the case.

Rightly or wrongly, I feel now is the time for the club to be more on the front foot with this than hitherto, as the whole thing is descending into a farce from which City could accrue some advantage, that possibly wasn’t available a month or so ago.

Has any other club been charged today btw?

I think why the club’s silence has come into my mind now, when it didn’t really occupy my thoughts a week or so ago, is that the sands appear to be shifting quite quickly with regards to PL financial rules - and now seems to me to be an apposite time for the club to try and take some initiative, assuming they are supremely confident of the ground they are standing on, which I believe is the case.

Rightly or wrongly, I feel now is the time for the club to be more on the front foot with this than hitherto, as the whole thing is descending into a farce from which City could accrue some advantage, that possibly wasn’t available a month or so ago.

Has any other club been charged today btw?

You don't know what the club is doing behind the scenes, though. We could be getting together a core of ten clubs who are determined to get FFP right for the good of the sport and who can block any more nonsense (already press talk of "rebel clubs"). Maybe a rebellion against Masters (must be getting close to ten clubs for that now ....).

Not that I see how any of that could help our case, btw.

Whatever happens, it's going to be an interesting six months until the start of next season :)

No one is expecting Khaldoon to call up TS and give it the big one, but the club has not issued a statement about this for over a year. I fail to see how a brief statement about our engagement with the process; the absence of any substantive evidence; asserting that the delay is down to the process, not us; and reaffirming our innocence would be against the club’s best interests. If those four elements are true (which I believe they are) I can’t see why that doesn’t happen, given the length of time for this still to play out and recent events in relation to other clubs.

I can see nothing wrong with the club reaffirming its position at this stage.
I understand why they refuse to comment on the current case but when cretins like Jordan come out on national radio saying that we only got off at CAS because of time-barring, they could come out with a statement of fact that rubbishes that myth. Then he can't repeat it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.