PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

CAS provided an adjudicator. City proposed one & UEFA the other, presumably to provide balance.

It was the Panel member proposed by UEFA who (surprise surprise) founded against us if memory serves me right.

However, it really shouldn't come as that much of a surprise because if the plank agreed with City, that'd be the end of his lucrative association with UEFA.
Last paragraph is cynical but true !

Spoke to a private practice solicitor recently who was responsible for helping draft some legislation a few years back, who told me the Parliamentary draftsmen are top class lawyers. Only seriousl smart graduates need apply. They have to be in the job for at least five years before they get directly involved in drafting legislation.

It’s a huge deal when you think about it!
An old colleague of mine helped draw up The Water Industry Act 1980. He worked for North West Water Authority as a solicitor. He was, as you say, seriously smart.

View attachment 111551If Khaldoon is right regarding our evidence I dont see how a top KC can find against City without repercussions. But this is the PLs independent commission so who knows, remember UEFAs independent commission or whatever it was cloaked as banning us for two years.
The days just get better.;-)

Our Irrefutable evidence is our accounts

Obviously not. They are English. There is no corruption in the PL.

Actually, without being facetious, I honestly believe that. This is too high profile and too reputation building/ damaging to be influenced by personal prejudices, imho.

Maybe naïve, but that's just me. Not one for conspiracy theories, as you know.
The most powerful court in the world I.e. the US Supreme Court is riddled with political bias and back handers I.e. corruption. Given this three person Premier League commission is being hand picked by a senior figure with close links to one of our rivals and can operate on a balance of probability basis akin to VARs infamous “clear and obvious error” criteria, I think we are going to get screwed. The other factor is the popular consensus that we are already guilty hence there will be no clamour to support us if we are done over. The cartel want us gone and will do whatever it takes to get rid of us even if it damages them in the process.

Obviously not. They are English. There is no corruption in the PL.

Actually, without being facetious, I honestly believe that. This is too high profile and too reputation building/ damaging to be influenced by personal prejudices, imho.

Maybe naïve, but that's just me. Not one for conspiracy theories, as you know.
Thanks for reply.
I ask because I cannot see a reason why the PL would close the list to outside KCs unless they intended to infer how futile any appeal would be.

I suppose it depends now on whether the Panel can do their job fairly with potential damage to either their PL or legal career depending on their verdict.

The most powerful court in the world I.e. the US Supreme Court is riddled with political bias and back handers I.e. corruption. Given this three person Premier League commission is being hand picked by a senior figure with close links to one of our rivals and can operate on a balance of probability basis akin to VARs infamous “clear and obvious error” criteria, I think we are going to get screwed. The other factor is the popular consensus that we are already guilty hence there will be no clamour to support us if we are done over. The cartel want us gone and will do whatever it takes to get rid of us even if it damages them in the process.
I'm slightly less pessimistic than you but share your concern over bias.

Seems to me that the weight of public opinion had some impact between Everton's IC and their appeal IC, and we know the tide of public opinion is not favouring City.

I'd be much more relaxed if we had recourse to genuine independent arbitration in the form of CAS.

The IPO piece in the mail is way down the pecking order. Without even reading it, the fact it’s buried deep shows it ain’t good news for the red cartel and the media.

Hide any positive story. Anything negative goes and stays as top story.
Correct! Bad news for us and its top story for at least 24 hours! Good news for us and it’s gone in no time!

PB.

I asked the question. Don’t think it got a reply looking back. Do you know the reason or reasons why 1 of the 3 CAS Judges found City guilty? Was their reason/reasons ever stated in the judges final decisions? Thanks.
No, but it could only be that they paid no attention to the evidence. Also this judge's clerk published a paper which essentially claimed we were guilty. They were the one appointed by UEFA so it sounds like they'd made up their mind before the hearing even started.

There is no way any objective person could have heard and reviewed the evidence presented and come to the conclusion that on the balance of probabilities we'd disguised equity funding as sponsorship revenue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.