PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

For six months after he was sacked the press had regular articles about how disruptive he was. I am not saying he wasn't, he cleatly was, I am saying Soriano runs a tight enough ship for me to know that if that happens it happens with, at least, the blessing of the club, if not directly from the club.

Mancini was man enough to keep his silence, but it wasn't a good look for the club and it wasn't even necessary.

At least, that's how I remember it.
If Bobby Manc was called as a witness he has already said that he has paid tax on the payments and everything was above board as far as he's concerned. So I don't think there is a smoking gun there.

Not providing full details of manager remuneration. They can’t say they continued the contract with the negotiations done by the club as that does show it was a related transaction.

There was no requirement to provide details of the manager's contract with other clubs in those days, was there?

And even if there was, what was the consequence? Did it give a sporting advantage?

Well, yes, that makes sense. They met him once before they offered him the City job and liked him, so they offered him the City job but couldn't sign him up because of the Inter clause, so they kept him warm with a lucrative consultancy contract until they could comfortably sign him or, in Hughes's case, had to sign him because it was going tits up. The contract was continued for Mancini's tax reasons, all negotiations and contracts being handled by the club.

Sounds more than plausible to me.

Anyway, its all speculation, but I am much more comfortable with that as an explanation than the club deliberately trying to mislead the PL for reasons which aren't, at all, apparent. Balance of probability, if you will.

It's OK to disagree, though.
That’s worries me

If Bobby Manc was called as a witness he has already said that he has paid tax on the payments and everything was above board as far as he's concerned. So I don't think there is a smoking gun there.

I don't think there is a smoking gun anywhere in these allegations, or a gun of any kind. Not even a water pistol.

Well, yes, that makes sense. They met him once before they offered him the City job and liked him, so they offered him the City job but couldn't sign him up because of the Inter clause, so they kept him warm with a lucrative consultancy contract until they could comfortably sign him or, in Hughes's case, had to sign him because it was going tits up. The contract was continued for Mancini's tax reasons, all negotiations and contracts being handled by the club.

Sounds more than plausible to me.

Anyway, its all speculation, but I am much more comfortable with that as an explanation than the club deliberately trying to mislead the PL for reasons which aren't, at all, apparent. Balance of probability, if you will.

It's OK to disagree, though.

Thing is, why would 2009 City be arsed about keeping an extra couple of million off the books for Mancini's wage? There was no FFP and we were throwing huge sums of money around and incurring heavy losses. That they're even bringing this up just shows how desperate they are.

There was no requirement to provide details of the manager's contract with other clubs in those days, was there?

And even if there was, what was the consequence? Did it give a sporting advantage?

But if we were negotiating it ourselves, we can’t really argue it was with other clubs, it was part of the same overall package. That and the transactions in the leaks show it from us rather than Al Jazira.

We’re not going to argue that, I imagine we’ll say it was an entirely separate contract funded fully by Al Jazira and the contract he had with us was at market value at the time. That’s going to be the key point - was his remuneration from us in itself fair at the time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.