PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Gordon Brown was apt to levy taxes without too much thought about their effect in the real world. Similarly, he planned a massive effort to increase the take from council tax by levying tax on a whole range of household features such as patios, built in wardrobes, a good view (seriously, I am not making this up). He engaged a giant army of assessors in Scotland (the rest of the country to follow) but Labour lost the election before it took effect.
He did a good job in the world financial crisis, but he was otherwise a terrible chancellor.
That's not really true.

The VAO would take into account a range of features and amenities including developments such as patios and paved driveways to inform council tax banding decisions and this applied all over the UK. The Tories instructed the VAO to end this work as part of their agenda to keep council tax artificially low. 15 years later councils are practically insolvent, the public services for which they are responsible are in dire straits and they have been stripped of capacity to anything that may support economic development or improve public services.

The idea that patios and built in wardrobes would have been subject to a tax.

In contrast, the economy grew in every year that Brown was Chancellor, public satisfaction with the NHS was at record levels, roads weren't full of potholes, new schools had been built, the armed forces retained war fighting capacity. And no councils were going bust. A terrible chancellor wouldn't have delivered any of these things.

Everyone is a hypocrite in some way, though, Tolmie. I wasn’t doubting you posting honestly, I was just asking for some evidence as I couldn’t find any online and I’m really sorry that your wife had to endure what she did.

I’m sure Martin Samuel has done stuff to make him a hypocrite too, but we’d be happy to overlook that if he’s fighting our corner. That’s how things work these days, sadly.

Delaney has created a character that he can’t shy away from. He’s dug his grave and if we’re exonerated, his name will be mud everywhere.

I wonder if there’s a UAE forum that calls Mansour a hypocrite for being a devout Muslim, yet allows the sale of alcohol in his stadia, or allows the pride flag to be shown.

Having read her response to another blue questioning her motives, I found her reply reasonable and journalists will often ask questions from differing points of view.

Anyway, none of this today was meant as a slight of you, so please don’t think that it was.

Of course mate, I didn't take it that way, either.

I just saw the post about her having a go at UAE human rights and instantly thought of the hypocrisy.

I wanted to kill the bastard, my wife was just out of Uni and this scumbag thought it was clever to intimidate young girls because of his position.

Thankfully, six women including bosses came forward to report his behaviour.

He put us through Hell and tried to accuse the women of lying at the tribunal.

His wife chose to believe him. Thankfully, GMP kicked him out.

I just think if you have a public platform, whoever you are, it is wise to practise what you preach.

Thanks for your kind words, it was a long time ago, but if I ever see the **** in the street...

Thanks! Seems a bit of a wrong’un. I assume he was charged as well?

It still doesn’t disallow Tiffin from asking a question about the UAE though.

I’ve always been a Parkin man, personally.
It seems you are now being obtuse.

You asked for evidence, it was presented.

Most sexual harassment cases would not go through to prosecution, the person accused usually resigns or is dismissed after the relevant evidence/procedures have been followed, your post seems to trivialise such processes as ‘I assume he was charged as well’., as in prosecution would be the only confirmation of guilt in such cases.

It doesn’t disallow her asking any questions, but as previously stated she stated something as fact when it was not and opened herself & her employers up for discussion. The same employers who have had to pay huge amounts to people who were subject to many acts from sexual predators they employed & who they turned a blind eye to.

You keep digging, you are doing ever so well at defending the admirable Tiffin & her employers.

Thanks! Seems a bit of a wrong’un. I assume he was charged as well?

It still doesn’t disallow Tiffin from asking a question about the UAE though.

I’ve always been a Parkin man, personally.
The Co-op arena is not owned by the UAE though. It is owned by Silverlake and Sheikh Mansour.

It seems you are now being obtuse.

You asked for evidence, it was presented.

Most sexual harassment cases would not go through to prosecution, the person accused usually resigns or is dismissed after the relevant evidence/procedures have been followed, your post seems to trivialise such processes as ‘I assume he was charged as well’., as in prosecution would be the only confirmation of guilt in such cases.

It doesn’t disallow her asking any questions, but as previously stated she stated something as fact when it was not and opened herself & her employers up for discussion. The same employers who have had to pay huge amounts to people who were subject to many acts from sexual predators they employed & who they turned a blind eye to.

You keep digging, you are doing ever so well at defending the admirable Tiffin & her employers.
Sigh. Have a read of my reply to TH. Up until Kinkybyname presented some evidence, all I’d been told was “apparently” this and “information can go missing, you know”.

I tend to need more to start calling people sexual deviants. He’s still not a nonce, so Dribble was wrong to use that word.

I have no feelings towards Tiffin. I hardly ever watch NWT and can cope with her asking a loaded question against the UAE.

Her husband is a ****. I don’t know why she stayed with him, but we’re not privy to what was said in their household.

Off topic, but there is certainly no capital gains and wasn't any under Labour and Gordon, in 'approved' pension funds. Go and do your homework you naughty boy, back fo the class. Anyway I'm about to yawn.
I did not mention capital gains tax because I invested with a pension in mind. My investment to that end suffered by losing final value.

I.now pay less tax on my pension so the Gov have Mr Brown to thank.

Of course, but he’s quite a prominent figure within the UAE royal family. I can see why some link them together.

It‘s not the same as thinking that we’re state owned.
Annabel Tiffin claims the arena was sold to Abu Dhabi in the email posted on here and that’s why she asked the question. But that’s not true. The idea that Sheikh Mansour can’t have his own personal wealth and invest it is ridiculous.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.