PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

That reminds me, the FA Cup win bonus, is one argument the whatsapp group always like to bring up, while using their best smug face but it doesn't seem to be part of the PL charges and it wasn't with UEFA's.

Is that because it's not a significant enough amount, to argue a sporting advantage was gained(break even calculations). Or is it because City have a reasonable explanation for it?

Has anyone ever come up with a plausible answer City might have had, out of interest?
Would that be within the PL remit or are there FA charges to follow?

Having decent accommodation, enough to eat and water that doesn't contain raw sewage are also human rights. Ones that many in the UK don't have.

Emiratis have decent accommodation, education paid for up to tertiary level and good medical services. Better than us in many ways.
Only for citizens, though, who are a minority of residents.

If I'm correct that the crux of these allegations are that Sheikh Mansour paid the majority of the Etihad sponsorship himself then I highly doubt there would be a transfer from one of his accounts to Etihad for the exact amount of the shortfall. In fact, I doubt there would be any transfers of any amount between them. More likely the AD government could have added a couple of billion on to the billions they already give Etihad on the premise the sponsorship is paid. Therefore it would be almost impossible to prove any wrong doing.
Most likely however is that everything is above board especially with the intense scrutiny we are always under.

There is that. And then there is the issue of Mancini and certain players supposedly being paid under the table. With the overarching claim of both of these combined, that the books do not show the real financial situation of the club is what we claim it to be. But as people keep pointing out, it would take some creativity to get that past not just in-house auditors but also bigger stakeholders etc.

I have no dog here, and I didn’t know anything about her husband. Nor do I really care.

But as a concept, and this could be anyone asking any such question, it doesn't disallow it, but it makes it quite hollow. It would be like asking her if she is comfortable part of her household income is coming from a person with an appaling employment rights record. A basic cheap shot. And journalists private lives do come into it, unfortunate or not, if it concerns accountsbility and pretense of integrity, and perceived hypocrisy can be biggie.

It only makes it hollow if you think she's asking for her own reassurance.

As a journalist, she's asking questions that she thinks the readership wants to know the answer to, and so it doesn't matter if she's married to a Sheikh herself, the question is on behalf of the reader, and at this point it's a question that should be easily answered by anyone.

The fact is 61% of the country thinks we should have less of a business relationship with the UAE because of their human rights records. Most of the people on this forum might be in the 20% that prioritises business, but you have to accept it's a minority position and every time anyone announces a big investment or partnership they should be able to answer the question. And if they can't or don't want to answer it then they probably shouldn't be doing the deal.

Last edited:
I was pretty surprised it was Tolmie who launched the personal attack on her given he's a journalist and presumably wouldn't want people digging into his personal life to attack his wife next time he posts a transfer rumour that rubs a fanbase the wrong way.
Did you not see the post revealing the husband of the person concerned did attack his wife? Of course it’s personal

I was pretty surprised it was Tolmie who launched the personal attack on her given he's a journalist and presumably wouldn't want people digging into his personal life to attack his wife next time he posts a transfer rumour that rubs a fanbase the wrong way.
Tolmie's a bot. He (it?) doesn't have a personal life.

As a journalist, she's asking questions that she thinks the readership wants to know the answer to, and so it doesn't matter if she's married to a Sheikh herself, the question is on behalf of the reader, and at this point it's a question that should be easily answered by anyone.

The fact is 61% of the country thinks we should have less of a business relationship with the UAE because of their human rights records. Most of the people on this forum might be in the 20% that prioritises business, but you have to accept it's a minority position and every time anyone announces a big investment or partnership they should be able to answer the question. And if they can't or don't want to answer it then they probably shouldn't be doing the deal.

I totally agree that it Shouldn't matter.

However, it very much does. Personality, political affiliation, stance on various matters, and household/private life all matters these days when it comes to journalists and the perception of their integrity.

That's not even my opinion, it is just a very noticable trend. And it is partly my opinion, to some degree.

Which btw just to add I also agree with, and have asked in a post myself, what his answer was.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.