PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I had to go back to refresh my memory on what we're alleged to have done.

Details of the Premier League Rules that the Club is alleged to have breached are as follows:

1. In respect of each of Seasons 2009/10 to 2017/18 inclusive, the Premier League Rules applicable in those seasons that required provision by a member club to the Premier League, in the utmost good faith, of accurate financial information that gives a true and fair view of the club’s financial position, in particular with respect to its revenue (including sponsorship revenue), its related parties and its operating costs, namely:
(a) for Season 2009/10, Premier League Rules B.13, C.71, C.72 and C.75 (from 10 September 2009, Premier League Rules B.13, C.71, C.72, C.79 and C.80);
(b) for Season 2010/11, Premier League Rules B.13, C.78, C.79, C.86 and C.87;
(c) for Season 2011/12, Premier League Rules B.13, C.78, C.79, C.86 and C.87;
(d) for Season 2012/13, Premier League Rules B.16, E.3, E.4, E.11 and E.12;
(e) for Season 2013/14, Premier League Rules B.15, E.3, E.4, E.11, E.12 and E.49;
(f) for Season 2014/15, Premier League Rules B.16, E.3, E.4, E.11, E.12 and E.50;
(g) for Season 2015/16, Premier League Rules B.16, E.3, E.4, E.11, E.12 and E.50;
(h) for Season 2016/17, Premier League Rules B.16, E.3, E.4, E.11, E.12 and E.51; and
(i) for Season 2017/18, Premier League Rules B.16, E.3, E.4, E.11, E.12 and E.51.

2. In respect of:
(a) each of Seasons 2009/10 to 2012/13 inclusive, the Premier League Rules applicable in those Seasons requiring a member club to include full details of manager remuneration in its relevant contracts with its manager, namely:

(1) for Seasons 2009/10 to 2011/12 inclusive, Premier League Rules Q.7 and Q.8; and
(2) for Season 2012/13, Premier League Rules P.7 and P.8; and
(b) each of Seasons 2010/11 to 2015/16 inclusive, the Premier League Rules applicable in those Seasons requiring a member club to include full details of player remuneration in its relevant contracts with its players, namely:
(1) for Seasons 2010/11 and 2011/12, Premier League Rules K.12 and K.20;
(2) for Season 2012/13, Premier League Rules T.12 and T.20;
(3) for Seasons 2013/14 and 2014/15, Premier League Rules T.12 and T.19; and
(4) for Season 2015/16, Premier League Rules T.13 and T.20.

3. In respect of each of Seasons 2013/14 to 2017/18 inclusive, the Premier League Rules applicable in those Seasons requiring a member club to comply with UEFA’s regulations, including UEFA’s Club Licensing and Financial Fair Play Regulations, namely:
(a) for Season 2013/14, Premier League Rule B.14.6; and
(b) for Seasons 2014/15 to 2017/18 inclusive, Premier League Rule B.15.6.

4. In respect of each of the Seasons 2015/16 to 2017/18 inclusive, the Premier League Rules applicable in those Seasons on Profitability and Sustainability, namely:
(a) for Season 2015/16, Premier League Rules E.52 to E.60; and
(b) for Seasons 2016/17 and 2017/18, Premier League Rules E.53 to E.60.

5. In respect of the period from December 2018 to date, the Premier League Rules applicable in the relevant Seasons requiring a member club to cooperate with, and assist, the Premier League in its investigations, including by providing documents and information to the Premier League in the utmost good faith, namely:
(a) for Season 2018/19, Premier League Rules B.16, B.19, W.1, W.2, W.12 and W.13;
(b) for Season 2019/20, Premier League Rules B.16, B.19, W.1, W.2, W.12 and W.13;
(c) for Season 2020/21, Premier League Rules B.16, B.19, W.1, W.2, W.12 and W.13;
(d) for Season 2021/22, Premier League Rules B.15, B.18, W.1, W.2, W.12 and W.13; and
(e) for Season 2022/23, Premier League Rules B.15, B.18, W.1, W.2, W.15 and W.16.

So, if I've got this right:-

1. Cooked the books in regards to sponsorship and perhaps Fordham?
2. Mancini
3. Failing UEFA FFP? Obviously(?) can't be right?
4. Failing P&S
5. Failure to cooperate

Am I well wide of the mark on any of that?
So let me get this right.

Everton and Forest have been done for failing PSR. They have had their punishment for it already. Looks like the Premier league went straight in for the PSR failings and gave out the points deductions instantly.

If we have failed the same thing, as seen in section 4, then surely, surely, the Premier League would have gone to this first, and remember they've been investigating this for 4 years apparently, if we are guilty of this then you would think this would have been dealt with first and bearing in mind how quick forest and Everton got accused and found guilty, it would have been front and centre and we all know how the press love a shit story about city don't we!

It's all complete and utter fabrication, they have got nothing on us and as i pointed out, if we've done anything wrong then that about PSR would be the first thing they'd look at.

Anybody seen the film Ghost? Patrick Swayze's mate looking on his computer for the laundered money but it's not there! That's the Premier League looking at our accounts for any wrongdoings.

Keep searching suckers.

the thing whic
"..the PL are just making it up as they go along.."

Nailed it in one sentence.

Can you imagine the Premier League in court, some overweight prick in a cheap suit representing them, just pointing over to our representatives shouting they're guilty, it's them, they've fiddled books, they've ran out of chips, their grass is too long, arrest them arrest them.

The Premier League, as I've said before, have got absolutely nothing on us, not one iota of evidence. And like I've said a million times, I'll hold my hands up and say yeah it's a fair cop when I turn my TV on and see HMRC and the fraud squad leaving our premises with files, hard drives, pc's, paperwork and anything else that shows us committing fraud, until then I shall sit back, relax and continue to be entertained by rival fans suddenly turning into lawyers and sports finance analysts.

Crack on
The thing which is insane is they are not only accusing us of these offences, they are accusing multi national companies, royalty and lots of other people of fraud and they have not contacted a single one of them to try and gain the evidence which to me seems like it would be job one if you were actually serious about making the charges stick and yet no one has asked why they havent contacted these people.

Everton and Forest have been done for failing PSR. They have had their punishment for it already. Looks like the Premier league went straight in for the PSR failings and gave out the points deductions instantly.

If we have failed the same thing, as seen in section 4, then surely, surely, the Premier League would have gone to this first, and remember they've been investigating this for 4 years apparently, if we are guilty of this then you would think this would have been dealt with first and bearing in mind how quick forest and Everton got accused and found guilty, it would have been front and centre and we all know how the press love a shit story about city don't we!

It's all complete and utter fabrication, they have got nothing on us and as i pointed out, if we've done anything wrong then that about PSR would be the first thing they'd look at.

Anybody seen the film Ghost? Patrick Swayze's mate looking on his computer for the laundered money but it's not there! That's the Premier League looking at our accounts for any wrongdoings.

Keep searching suckers.

Everton and Forest’s own accounts showed they’d failed whereas ours showed we’d passed. We’ve only failed if the accounts are inaccurate, which is harder if not impossible to prove, so instant punishment was out of the question. If anything is for the Premier League

Keep searching suckers.

We will have only failed PSR for those years if the PL can prove our accounts are fraudulent. If they can we failed and if they can't we passed.

We will have only failed PSR for those years if the PL can prove our accounts are fraudulent. If they can we failed and if they can't we passed.
I'm not being funny but if reports are true that they've been investigating us for the last 4 years and they haven't found nothing yet then I'm sort of leaning towards the fact there isn't anything to find.

Whenever rivals football fans trot out the "What Abour City!?" line, when we haven't even had the hearing yet, i'm always reminded of the Queen of Hearts.

ccadd264-b76f-46c8-ae43-5d5a2cec6046_text.gif

Keep searching suckers.

But we haven't failed psr based on the audited accounts so to add psr bullshit breach's they have to prove the failure to disclose accurate financial information and manager/player remuneration allegations first & foremost. Given they are way more severe wtf would they even add the psr as a bolt on to make the process even more convoluted is a mystery only masters could answer.

I'm not being funny but if reports are true that they've been investigating us for the last 4 years and they haven't found nothing yet then I'm sort of leaning towards the fact there isn't anything to find.
It took the Sunday Sport years to find the bus on the moon. Some readers undoubtably believed the story and some probably still quote it as fact in the pub.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.