PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Well here's the thing... There was a time (not too far in distant memory) when football fans attended football matches, watched the game & had banter with fellow & opposition fans about what happened on the pitch.

Manchester City have changed this forever! Chelsea aren't skint, & can evidently afford the £Billions Bohely is happy to spend on turning his club into a Superpower.

In any other sphere of business, this would be seen as perfectly fine, but because of the FFP/PSR that UEFA/G14 & the PL have brought in to nobble City, other clubs are inadvertently being forced to pull all manner of accounting sophistry in order to remain compliant against the rules they approved purely to stop an opponent from competing with the elite cartel clubs, who had complete control & dominance over football.

Do UEFA or the PL REALLY think these constant financial battles are a good look for the beautiful game? When you step back & take a global overview of what modern football has become, it beggars belief that it's come to what we see today.

And I repeat, none of this was brought about to promote sustainability in football. It was all a mechanism to stop City, which is now crippling those who signed up to it.

Again, what about the football?
Great post. I think similar, professional football is basically buying and selling the best players you can, putting them in your shirts and going to 'war'. It's been that way since the maximum wage was abolished and the big city teams took over because the 'town' clubs could never compete financially. It's our turn in the sun, let's just enjoy it whilst it lasts.

Gave a nod to an Ipswich fan on redcafe arguing our case, he is still fighting our corner and worth a read ( don't need to log on).
I know he said he's an Ipswich fan but if he's a city fan in disguise well done mate.
Their City/ffp thread is on rawk levels of delusion, none of them can accept basic facts and live in a fantasy world where they think they deserve to be top dogs forever. The Ipswich/City fan is doing a great job but he's swimming against a tide of shit.
The uncle Tom poster 'Padr' is nowhere to be found.

Stelling’s been a bit of a snide **** about City ever since the takeover. I just can’t work out if it’s his own personal opinion or one that he’s parroting on behalf of his paymasters at Sky and Talkshite though.
I think it’s at least partly personal with these fuckers. They had a great little thing going, like a cosy, private club. United, Arsenal, Sky pundits, “Sir Alex” “Harry” etc. It was the best of days and they thought it would go on for ever. City came along and fucked it up for them and they genuinely despise us for it.

It’s far from as simple as that

The sale took place circa 10 months ago the league will have had all sorts of submissions made one of which will have been the supply of future financial information in that information details of how any gap showing up under T or T+1 in PSR submissions would have been detailed. Had the PL not been happy with Chelsea’s submissions then they would have applied other requirements just as they did with Everton.

Stephan in the TS segment was understandably making a significant of assumptions but without inside knowledge most of those assumptions are simply guesswork

I still can’t fucking believe that there wasn’t any leaks. How come every detail around our club false or misleading gets leaked & yet this, not a fucking murmur in 10months.

Last edited:
Their City/ffp thread is on rawk levels of delusion, none of them can accept basic facts and live in a fantasy world where they think they deserve to be top dogs forever. The Ipswich/City fan is doing a great job but he's swimming against a tide of shit.
The uncle Tom poster 'Padr' is nowhere to be found.
Your right about swimming against the tide but a lot of what he puts forward is valid and is well written.
I only read city related posts on there and not a member.
Agree on "Padr" by the way.

Well here's the thing... There was a time (not too far in distant memory) when football fans attended football matches, watched the game & had banter with fellow & opposition fans about what happened on the pitch.

Manchester City have changed this forever! Chelsea aren't skint, & can evidently afford the £Billions Bohely is happy to spend on turning his club into a Superpower.

In any other sphere of business, this would be seen as perfectly fine, but because of the FFP/PSR that UEFA/G14 & the PL have brought in to nobble City, other clubs are inadvertently being forced to pull all manner of accounting sophistry in order to remain compliant against the rules they approved purely to stop an opponent from competing with the elite cartel clubs, who had complete control & dominance over football.

Do UEFA or the PL REALLY think these constant financial battles are a good look for the beautiful game? When you step back & take a global overview of what modern football has become, it beggars belief that it's come to what we see today.

And I repeat, none of this was brought about to promote sustainability in football. It was all a mechanism to stop City, which is now crippling those who signed up to it.

Again, what about the football?
One way round all this could be a review process in which UEFA, the PL etc when they see a return that gives them some concern, turn it over to an independent body to review. The review could recommend
i) nothing amiss
ii) not clear. Warn the club but do not take action.
iii) prima facie case. Consider formal action.
If this is done privately, consulting the club and asking for their comments, a lot of the public shenanigans could be avoided, leaving the game looking more sensible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.