Plan to suspend the Metrolink line to the stadium?

It will actually shave about 56 minutes off the journey, cutting Manchester to London journey’s in half (nearly).

Don’t get me wrong, I think the billions spent on it could be put to better use, but it would make Manchester to London commutable.
70 mins door to door is commutable, but in reality it is 4 hours travel a day so no chance people are doing that 5 days a week and probably and paying £600 a week to do it at the cheap end.

It will actually shave about 56 minutes off the journey, cutting Manchester to London journey’s in half (nearly).

Don’t get me wrong, I think the billions spent on it could be put to better use, but it would make Manchester to London commutable.
For the cost of completing it...... who is so fucking important that they HAVE to be in Manchester an hour earlier? Just get an earlier train.

It’s about increasing capacity
True, but it's always reported as a way to cut journey times. Are the voting public incapable of understanding the capacity argument?
And is the increased capacity still required now working from home has been widely accepted by many companies and their employees?

For the cost of completing it...... who is so fucking important that they HAVE to be in Manchester an hour earlier? Just get an earlier train.
I agree, it’s a ridiculous amount of money for the impact it will have on the average person.

But I do think it makes living in Manchester and working in London a viable option. I don’t think many will do it, but plenty commute to London every day for longer than 70 minutes.

Sky are already penciling in more Monday night away games in London then! No excuses now for not getting home the same night. ☺

It's an interesting equation. 'If' HS2 happens, then more touristy types will be able to get here, but at an apparent cost to local support (no suprise there). After millions of investment in the club and east manchester in general, I could see it being easier to relocate for ease of everything, but we are too far down the road now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.