Plasma V's LCD V's LED?

not my fault!

Team supported
God’s own
Ok I need an answer from anyone who will know better than me!
I am looking at getting a new TV and have been looking at the Samsung range. However I am undecided as to what format I should get... I realise that Plasma isnt as good as LCD, LCD not as good as LED but in reality would I notice the difference?
Currys do an offer on a 50" Plasma with Blu-ray, 3D glasses etc (on all Samsungs tbh) for about £899, I can get the LCD 46" for around £950 and the LED 46" for about £1200 with a bit of cunning. Now is the LED worth paying the extra £300 for? All are 3D by the way, and size doesnt matter between the 50" and 46" in all honesty. If it helps the LCD/LED are as follows:
LE46C750
UE46C7000
UE46C8000
Just want to get the most for my money, and I'm spending a lot (in my eyes) so want to get it right. Thanks in adavnce.

Can't comment on Plasma mate as never had one. I used to have a Sony LCD, and upgraded to a Samsung 46" LED, think it's the 46B8000. It's perfect. Sky HD, Blu Rays & PS3 games are stunning.

If you don't mind the extra cost I'd def go for the LED

I just had a 42 inch Plasma installed. Done alot of homework before and the Pansonic Viera 3D HD had great write ups.

Saw a preview of the Avatar 3D on it and simply stunning. Since i had it installed its been brilliant.

The Tv im on about is this on http://www.panasonic.co.uk/html/en_...rview/Panasonic+Full+HD+3D/4916489/index.html

I had mine professionaly installed with a 3D Blueray player (i wasnt aware bluerays need to be a 3D Blueray player to play 3D disks so dont buy a normal one) and i also bought a Denon Receiver which is proper cinema home sound.

The company i used were called soundstage and based in Broxbourne, close to where i live. Its the 2nd one they have done for me as they did my old TV 10 years ago. They recommend Plasma over LCD etc but admit its a personal choice. Plasma's gives you proper black and less flickering that LCDs etc but the picture is crisper on LCDS, not that i notice any difference on the TV i have which is amazing.

Hope this helps a little

Pretty sure LED is just the next step up from LCD. Don't get a plasma if you're gonna use your tv for computer games, you'll end up getting screen burn. Plus, I think you have to get plasma TVs topped up every couple of years or the picture becomes distorted. So if you can afford it, go for the LED, or LCD if you want to save a few quid without losing too much picture quality.

I think I'm right in saying the only difference in picture quality between LCD and LED is brightness which makes it seem a little bit crisper, which you shouldn't notice unless you're using a HD source on a screen over 50".

Other info i found out which may/may not be usefull are:

Bigger TV the better for 3D. I have a 42 inch and 3D is stunning BUT to see all the effects ie splashes on water i need to be closer to the TV than i used to sit. Solution: Reposition chairs easy enough

Glasses: The TV's come with a standard of 2 large glasses. I found these abit too large as they seem to be designed for people wearning glasses as the depth is more on them. I ordered 2 small and 1 medium also, the small for my nephews and i found they fit me perfectly and are more comfortable. They dont come cheap though so try the TV free ones 1st. They are recharged by a USB that can be connected to the side of the TV i have. Not all 3D glasses works with all tv's as each manufacturers TV have thier own glasses so check 1st before buying elsewhere

Thanks guys, helps a little but still not sure the LED is worth the extra £300. I dont mind paying it if it will make a huge difference to the viewing experiance.
Would I notice the difference in the LCD V's the LED? I know the Plasma shows the blacks much sharper but just been to Currys and the LED they had looked fine (I couldnt tell but they do show you them in a dark setting).

-- Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:17 pm --

hertsblue said:
Other info i found out which may/may not be usefull are:

Bigger TV the better for 3D. I have a 42 inch and 3D is stunning BUT to see all the effects ie splashes on water i need to be closer to the TV than i used to sit. Solution: Reposition chairs easy enough

Glasses: The TV's come with a standard of 2 large glasses. I found these abit too large as they seem to be designed for people wearning glasses as the depth is more on them. I ordered 2 small and 1 medium also, the small for my nephews and i found they fit me perfectly and are more comfortable. They dont come cheap though so try the TV free ones 1st. They are recharged by a USB that can be connected to the side of the TV i have. Not all 3D glasses works with all tv's as each manufacturers TV have thier own glasses so check 1st before buying elsewhere

Hi, the deal with Samsung is a free 3D Blu-ray player and 2-3 pairs of 3D glasses + shrek 1-4 on 3D Blu-ray discs. Size shouldnt be an issue as I do wear glasses for watching TV so may actually be better for me!
Size wise, I have looked at the 46", they do a 40" but I currently have a 42" so dont want to go smaller. The 55" is the next size up but the price is around £500 more on top and I cant justify that amount.
I think I'm going LCD or LED but is the extra worth it for the LED! I keep thinking that in the long run I'm getting the new tech and it will benefit me, but not sure if I'm just trying to justify the extra cost in my own head? Ha. Is LED that much better than LCD? I just dont know.

A lot of nonsense being written about plasmas - both screen burn and 'topping up' are things of the past on modern day plasmas - check out avforums for a more in formed opinion :)

Feed the Elk said:
A lot of nonsense being written about plasmas - both screen burn and 'topping up' are things of the past on modern day plasmas - check out avforums for a more in formed opinion :)

Any decent ones you can suggest?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/samsung-ps50c680-50-full-hd-plasma-3d-tv-with-free-3d-blu-ray-player-shrek-3d-the-complete-collection-and-2-pairs-of-3d-glasses-08764392-pdt.html?srcid=369&xtor=AL-1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/samsung-ps ... &xtor=AL-1</a> john lewis do it with a free five year warranty

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.