Plastic Bags

Why Always Ste

**WINNER OF THE BLUEMOON 2015 MOST BORING TOPIC OF THE YEAR AWARD**

Went to Tesco yesterday.....

Been stood outside Tesco all day today selling plastic bags for 2p ;)

Joking aside, will this Plastic Bag charge decrease pollution/overusage of plastic bags?
I've not looked into what effect it's had in neighbouring places such as Ireland.

I do think it will stop a large number of people from constantly getting everything bagged in plastic bags and never re-using them... Instead converting to the habit (which I'm already in) of using re-usable bags.

I bought these bags from Aldi a few years ago and take them with me for every shop.
I haven't used plastic bags for years.

Will you stop using plastic bags yourself? or happilly pay the 5p?

In France they aren't even available to buy.
You can buy a bag-for-life at the checkout.
You soon get used to taking your own bags for life.
I think we should go the whole hog too and just stop making the throw away ones available.

I've used those 10p bags for life for years.

When I take in an old one to be exchanged for a free new one the checkout staff often call a supervisor as they don't know how to put it through the till.

I might be the only person in the UK who asks for free replacement bags.

I've used those 10p bags for life for years.

When I take in an old one to be exchanged for a free new one the checkout staff often call a supervisor as they don't know how to put it through the till.

I might be the only person in the UK who asks for free replacement bags.
Is it the life of the bag or the life of the customer?

I normally cycle to the supermarket/offy and only buy what I can carry in a rucksack/saddlebags. For a bigger shop we take fridge bags and car share with the in laws who live round the corner. As a result we use very few plastic carriers.

I think the plastic bag charge is an excellent idea, as long as the money goes somewhere proper. This might sound controversial, but I think that donating the money to cancer charities or so forth will just salve peoples's conscience, which isn't really the idea of the levy.

What really concerns me is the increasing amount of non-recyclable packaging on fresh produce. Ready-sliced melon in plastic trays, kids' fruit bags and such like. The increasing popularity of such convenience fruit certainly offsets any initial inroads made by a carrier bag levy.

We are currently an unforgiveably profligate country and huge changes are required to right the wrongs which cause massive amounts of edible food and unnecessary plastic to be tipped into landfill and the environment at large.

I'm hoping it's the bag, as I want to pass mine on in me will for me kids, every little helps and all that.

They never check my identity when I exchange a worn out bag for a free new one so it is possible to leave them in your will so that your descendants can keep getting new bags for the rest of their lives.

I'm already in the 'bag for life' routine, I get a new one every time I go shopping, fuckers take up more space than the plastic ones.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.