Player thread: Fernando (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely terrible last night.

1st half was the worst M/F performance I've seen post take-over.

Okay he wasn't the best, but I've seen nothing to convince me he is better than Rodwell. Given JR was English, same position and same price I just don't get it.

fernando is shocking full stop, not just last night. He doesnt seem to cover the ground well, his tacking isnt great and he is frightened stiff when he gets the ball. it leaves a massive hole in the middle when you have a central midfield player who doesnt want the ball and cant pass forward when he gets it

How on earth did we spend 18 months watching this guy and yet we still buy him?

would be very happy to never see him in a City shirt again, unfortunately I suspect we will have to suffer him at Anfield

<a class="postlink" href="http://screamer.deadspin.com/this-barcelona-goal-has-manchester-city-defenders-looki-1687791407" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://screamer.deadspin.com/this-barce ... 1687791407</a>

Not quite sure how to post this video on here from my phone but look at Fernando. He looks so out of his depth here

markblue said:
fernando is shocking full stop, not just last night. He doesnt seem to cover the ground well, his tacking isnt great and he is frightened stiff when he gets the ball. it leaves a massive hole in the middle when you have a central midfield player who doesnt want the ball and cant pass forward when he gets it

would be very happy to never see him in a City shirt again, unfortunately I suspect we will have to suffer him at Anfield

i think his ineffectiveness will rule him out sunday, yaya and dihno will be our midfield 2

tonea2003 said:
markblue said:

i think his ineffectiveness will rule him out sunday, yaya and dihno will be our midfield 2
You would hope so but Pellegrini seems to have lost the plot if last night was anything to go by

BigOscar said:
That gif is from about the 85th minute, where he was clearly just absolutely shattered, which is hardly surprising given the ridiculous amount of running him and Milner had to do thanks to the terrible system and lack of pressure from the forward players. Both him and Milner were chasing shadows all game and looked like they were ready to collapse at full time, as you'd expect against Barcelona with that system, especially after going to 10.

I thought they did a pretty decent job considering, as they at least kept closing down the space in the middle, not allowing the great dribblers to run at the middle of our defence. All Barca's joy came down the flanks or with balls in behind our defenders, which neither him nor Milner could really do much about. Put it this way, when I saw the team we put out, I thought they'd be a lot worse. Our problems were far more about individual errors from the defenders and an inability to pressure the ball high up th pitch imo.
64 minutes

The worst thing is that we scouted this guy for a long time and didn't even get him on a pre contract in January iirc.

He was known for his brilliant tackling ability and interceptions in the game, yet to see either flourish. His technical ability is shit, slows the game down for us with his dreadful touch, can't sort his feet out properly.

He doesn't seem to possess any real athletic ability either.. not sure where he goes from here.

pudge said:
BigOscar said:
That gif is from about the 85th minute, where he was clearly just absolutely shattered, which is hardly surprising given the ridiculous amount of running him and Milner had to do thanks to the terrible system and lack of pressure from the forward players. Both him and Milner were chasing shadows all game and looked like they were ready to collapse at full time, as you'd expect against Barcelona with that system, especially after going to 10.

I thought they did a pretty decent job considering, as they at least kept closing down the space in the middle, not allowing the great dribblers to run at the middle of our defence. All Barca's joy came down the flanks or with balls in behind our defenders, which neither him nor Milner could really do much about. Put it this way, when I saw the team we put out, I thought they'd be a lot worse. Our problems were far more about individual errors from the defenders and an inability to pressure the ball high up th pitch imo.
64 minutes
Was it? The same thing happened in the last few minutes as well, I must have them mistaken. Either way, both him and Milner looked fucked pretty early on after having to do far too much chasing in that first half. He doesn't look anywhere near as fit as he did when he was playing every week in Portugal, I'm not really sure what we've done to his fitness as he ran around all game long for Porto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.