Player thread: Vincent Kompany (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a clear decline and not a bad patch.. A decline related to the manager in my opinion..

Some manager inspire great defenders and defenses others inspire attacking flair and attackers..

Pellergrini is known for his "Holistic" attacking flair and not his defense..

Kompany is still a great player.. He just needs a different type of motivation..

Can we have our Vinnie back please?
People are blaming the manager but Vinnie is making terrible decisions every game, not the managers fault that.
He needs to stop trying so hard and start playing

Such a shame his form, he looks on edge, anxious, frustrated, angry, don't know why and don't know what can be done about it (other than a few weeks holiday). Can't see him being dropped but at the moment he's the weakest link.

bellsouth said:
Such a shame his form, he looks on edge, anxious, frustrated, angry, don't know why and don't know what can be done about it (other than a few weeks holiday). Can't see him being dropped but at the moment he's the weakest link.
Yeah his mood seemed more angry than anything maybe frustrated, but he hasn't seemed himself coming back in January. Hope he gets a short break to clear his head. On his day, he's one of the best CBs around.

It can't be a bad patch, he is stalling with these half decent games since winter 2013.
In my eyes, MDM has been miles better than him since Pellegrini's tenure, the day he took over was when Komps been sent off against Hull last season.
I hope he sorts himself out soon, because we are a much better side with a fit and composed Vinny.

salfordbluetrue said:
dave_blue12 said:
No knee jerk from me.

Even at his very best Komps made me uncomfortable with his style of defending. At his best he largely got away with his lunges but now he is an accident waiting to happen. He is way too rash to be a top defender. This rashness leads him to be often out of position and exposes other members of the defence. It is a team game and the sooner Komps understands this the better.

He needs to start controlling himself and his position on the pitch or he will have to be dropped. Personally I would drop him now but I guess as Captain Manuel will persevere a little longer.
no knee jerk from you then so who would you drop him for boyata did you notice the barca defendes they made plenty of rash challenges as well

I would play Mangala and MDM personally. I think the Mangala could learn a lot from MDM. As for the Barca defenders they are of no concern to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.