Player Topic: Fabian Delph (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck me I can't believe we've still got that interviewer, He's awful. I'm Surprised he didn't ask him what his favourite chocolate bar is or if he thinks kens treating Tracy a bit harsh after Deirdre's just died.

Even his voice is shit.

Sorry, accidently clicked post reply before I finished the previous post.

Why on earth would you put that clause in a contract, if you have something of percived higher value, why would you sell it cheaper to someone because of CL football. If that club is interested doesn't it make it more saleable and therefore command a higher value?

Would have thought the more logical way to structure the clause is to say, "You can go for £8m, however if it is to a club in Europa League it's £10m and for one int the CL it's £12m"

Delph would've been out of contract this summer, and thus able to leave for nothing. To prevent Villa losing out financially he agreed to sign a new deal so that they would get something. His only stipulation was that if a CL team came in for him, so that he could progress his career, he could go for £8m. That wasn't Villa's choice - they only agreed to prevent losing him for nothing. We just took advantage of that.

Do you think Delph('s agent) called City up saying he changed his mind or was it City who contacted him (again)?

Any ITK info on this?

Delph only had six months left on his contract so he could dictate the clause. Fabian went for £8m because that is how much Villa paid Leeds for him. He didn't want Villa to make a loss over the two deals.

Villa didn't want to lose Delph for £8m - and particularly not to a team who they felt they could compete with - so wanted to limit the numbrr of clubs he could move to. Fabian had confidence that his next transfer would take him to the Champs League (although I don't know exactly what his contract said).

Tim,

I may not have explained myself properly so I'll try again.

If you have something to sell that is of worth, why not get the best price for it you can? To limit the price of your item as you don't wan't to sell it to your neighbour is an amazing piece of logic. But no, that's not enough, you also think that is the figure he is worth as that's what the previous club paid for him.

However the most contradictary part of your post is "only had six months left on his contract so he could dictate the clause" but then say "I don't know exactly what his contract said"

Fuck me I can't believe we've still got that interviewer, He's awful. I'm Surprised he didn't ask him what his favourite chocolate bar is or if he thinks kens treating Tracy a bit harsh after Deirdre's just died.

Even his voice is shit.

The question we all wanted asking was (but it wasn't):

"Why did you reject City a week ago?......................................and what has changed your mind to now sign for us?

The question we all wanted asking was (but it wasn't):

"Why did you reject City a week ago?......................................and what has changed your mind to now sign for us?

I think he's called Adam Clayton the guy that did that interview. Seems like a lovely fella, but perhaps doing interviews on camera in not his strong point.

Chris Bailey is the head of content for the City website (basically the editor) he used to do the interviews and he was superb. Perhaps he now doesn't do the on camera interviews as he wants to show some faith in the people working below him, but unfortunately they are not of the same standard as him yet.

I think he's called Adam Clayton the guy that did that interview. Seems like a lovely fella, but perhaps doing interviews on camera in not his strong point.

Chris Bailey is the head of content for the City website (basically the editor) he used to do the interviews and he was superb. Perhaps he now doesn't do the on camera interviews as he wants to show some faith in the people working below him, but unfortunately they are not of the same standard as him yet.

Think about it! Why the hell would we ask questions of a new signing that are akin to throwing him under a bus, we didn't ask him that for the same reason we didn't ask sterling if Rodgers was a twat , it's because as a club we have a bit of class, because we don't want to piss off selling clubs unnecessarily and don't want unnecessary upset for new signings.

Had he asked the questions suggested he may have been fired thankfully we are more professional. I suspect as far as city are concerned last week didn't happen and I expect u turns happen all the time but we rarely hear of them if handled well

He comes across as a great guy and a good sense of humour.. all very important in the dressing room.. Good luck to him ..

He was out of contract last summer on a free and there were no takers. Roy Hodgson recognised his talent this season so Villa signed him up for 5 years in Jan 2015. He agreed to sign subject to a release clause of £8M. His self belief has grown this year but faced with the prospect of proving himself at MCFC he bottled it last week. He may have changed his mind for money, but I hope he gets stuck in and pushes to earn a starting place and reach his full potential in a City shirt. He is another player who thrives off support, and will need the full support of the fans. A test of character for him, but at £8M worth the risk. I hope he does brilliantly but I'm not sure who he will replace in our current midfield line up. Welcome to a top class club Mr Delph, I wish you every success you could wish for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.