Player topic: Jesus Navas (2014/15)

BlueAnorak said:
How on earth did he miss the 1-on-1 with De Gea? De Gea didn't move and he hit it straight at him,

And mata hit his straight at Joe

What Navas didn't do was cut inside blocking off the defender , would have had all the goal to aim at or maybe a pen

Bluescholar said:
Not anywhere near good enough ,
patchy at best ,waste of a shirt at worse, Adam Johnson was miles better .

A damning verdict i suppose.

At least Johnson scored now and again

He puts a shift in going back and forward to his credit but he offers the team nothing. he's there purely because of his pace but that's no good when he doesn't utilise it. Last time he beat a man? That chance in the first few minutes is the first time i can recall him ever making that kind of run behind the defence too, can't really blame him for missing, it wasn't a great angle but he should of looked up and squared it for a tap in. he's an adequate squad player that should be starting no more than 10-15 games a season yet he's playing almost every week.

salfordblue-tony2 said:
Bluescholar said:
Not anywhere near good enough ,
patchy at best ,waste of a shirt at worse, Adam Johnson was miles better .

A damning verdict i suppose.

At least Johnson scored now and again

Normally with fourteen year old girls (allegedly)

When he went one on one with De Gea I was 100% sure he is gonna miss it.

We could have been 1-0 up there, but no, he missed it like he missed everything else this season.

He scores no goals at all.

He's a decent player, but far too one dimensional for where we want to be.

Navas has pace, but he doesn't really use it a lot of the time.

I'd like to see him have more runs in behind the opposition's defence. He could learn a lot from our transfer target Sterling on off-the-ball runs.

We haven't got an upgrade on him this season and he does work hard, so I expect to see him start most games until the end of the season.

Not sure Navas will be here next season though.

I find Navas utterly frustrating.

He has the ability and pace to be able to leave most players for dead, hit the byline and knock a ball in. Thats is what formed such a partnership with Negredo at Sevilla and the reason we bought them both.

Since being at City - he is used for his pace as more of an outball - which is fine - but do something with it. He is a natural wide player which means he hugs the touchline. That in itself often stops Zabaletta's supporting runs. If you watch a replay of when Nasri or Milner play in a wide position - they sit in off the touchline somewhat, allowing Zaba to make his diagonal runs in behind where we become a far more incisive team.

Its fine to play as a winger - but do a wingers job and at least beat the first man. I cant remember the last time he went past someone.

If he made more runs in behind the defence he'd be impossible to mark. Like someone else said Sterling does this a lot, Navas certainly has the pace to do it but probably not the intelligence. We need better and hopefully we get better in the summer.

He did have a poor game yesterday but to suggest throwing him out is silly. He has been one of City's better (of a bad lot of) players this season - the one thing we need more than anything is players who will give their all, which is what you get with Navas. I'm not saying he is world class, but there are a lot of areas of the field that need addressing before we replace him.

Navas will be best used for a counter-attack tactic due to his pace.

When the defense are packed, his cross is not decent enough to be a starter

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.