Player Topic: Kevin De Bruyne (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another assist, and it was him who sprang Aguero for the fourth as well. Not bad for someone who was arguably off the pace for the whole game.

Another assist, and it was him who sprang Aguero for the fourth as well. Not bad for someone who was arguably off the pace for the whole game.
Thought he was decent. Didn't get as many touches in the first. But the layoff to Kelechi in the 1st the space pass after great movement for Aguero's 3rd and springing Aguero on what should have been his 2nd assist, all painted a picture that was better than the often grumble of wanting him yanked at the of the half.

Average game. But an indisputable game changer. I'll play him every game.

KDB has set a high standard when he came into the side , if MP gets a chance to rest him for a couple of games , he will benefit greatly , he looks tired/jaded , we have plenty of creative cover , now the injuries are clearing , we need him strong for Feb/Mar/Apr/May.

Quiet game and surprised he started cos he looked so knackered on wednesday. I think pellegrini needs to rest him more but he's got a week off now so hopefully he can be fresh for West ham and we can sort our away form out

Ah that's good that you agree about Silva. It's only the most entitled or deluded fans who think he should be moved on after 2 or 3 average games after coming back from injury.

I agree, there's certainly no one else in this league who I'd have at 10 over Silva, let alone the squad. Some people just have very short memories and become over excited when we buy a new player and seem determined for them to be "the new Colin Bell" or "our best player ever."

Just give the lad time to settle, and have a bit of respect for genuine club legends who have been producing the goods consistently for 5 years, not inconsistently for 5 minutes.

On to Yaya, I agree it might be one season too many. His legs look like he hasn't got that burst of energy he used to have. He definitely needs at least one, preferably two high energy players alongside him.

I'll have to disagree with you on his passing though. The guy is the best centre midfielder in the league on the ball, possibly Fabregas is close when on song. But Yaya still has the quality to dictate games from deep, that's why he's still getting a game every week.

Delph is a huge upgrade in terms of energy and ground covered, but in terms of dictating play and running a game, he comes nowhere near Yaya. His range of passing, his vision, his decision making and all round quality on the ball are world class. Unfortunately it seems like his legs no longer work as quickly as his brain.

I still think he has a role to play, but it's about finding the right system and personnel to play alongside him to play to his strengths and cover his weaknesses.

My point about De Bruyne unbalancing the side isn't necessarily just from a defensive standpoint. The first 5 games where we were so good, Sterling and Navas played wide, and their pace meant we had a real threat on the break, and there was a huge space in the middle for Silva to do what he does.

With Steling's movement on one side, looking to get in behind, playing on the shoulder, Aguero's movement down the middle, pushed right on, and Navas hugging the touchline, we were stretching the opponents back 4 right accross the pitch. This allows gaps in the back 4, and there is no better player in the world at finding those gaps with a final pass than David Silva.

When De Bruyne plays wide instead, he's very rarely on the last shoulder looking for the ball in behind. He's very rarely hugging the touchline. He plays a lot deeper than Sterling and Navas, he wants the ball to feet, he drifts inside, and he wants to be the one to play the killer ball.

This has two negative effects. 1, it means the opposition back 4 aren't as stretched, less to worry about in behind, less gaps for Silva to exploit. And 2, he drags another oponent inside with him which means less space for Silva and more chance of him being crowded out of the game.

Silva has been the best player in the league over the last 5 years. The first 5 games of the season was the best form he has been in since he came to the club. He's struggled for form since coming back, but those two or three idiots who have written him off are going to end up with egg all over their faces.

Excellent analysis. I agree 100%

2nd average game on the bounce at home but still contributed.

I would rest him next week because that is a tough game and he isn't as effective away from home.

Excellent analysis. I agree 100%

Thanks Nana. I thought the system today was set up to get the best out of both Silva and KDB. It didn't really work for De Bruyne, he did his best and was better than he was on Wednesday but he looks like he needs a rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.