Player Topic: Wilfried Bony (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he stays fit then he'll score a lot of goals for us. He's a powerful striker who holds the ball up well and isn't afraid to shoot. Also an asset aerially if we can improve our set pieces. Imagine having to deal with him and Aguero or one and then the other... it's going to be a tough ask for the opposition.

Bony was due to arrive in Oz with the second lot of players (https://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Tour-2015/2015/Official-Manchester-City-Tour-2015-squad-list/1436520345) but he isn't listed as one of the 'reinforcements' here from 2 days ago. https://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Tour-20...einforcements-arrive-image-gallery/1436921929

Is there something going on? Hoping it's not illness or injury.
was wondering that myself. Hadn't heard about Mangala either but saw a picture of him in training yesterday.

he is basically a new signing for me and I'm very excited about what he will do next season, i feel he will feature a lot more than people think and be a huge part of us doing well next year, I'm amazed ( well i suppose I'm not ) that he is being mocked and thrown in as one of our flops by the rags like he played every game and hardly scored. He was coming back from ACON and was then injured, he also may have been a little nervous playing with all these big names and by his price but he will be well settled now and raring to go in my opinion. at home v any team other than the top 4 id go Aquero Bony up top with MF of Sterling Toure Fern and Silva, we could well break all scoring records

Will be like a new Summer signing as we only saw flashes of him last season.

I thought his cameo performance at Spurs was utter perfection for a sub striker. some of his touches in control of the ball, in most games in fact, was just sublime. His first touch compared to Edin's is like he's playing with a balloon.

If he stays fit then he'll score a lot of goals for us. He's a powerful striker who holds the ball up well and isn't afraid to shoot. Also an asset aerially if we can improve our set pieces. Imagine having to deal with him and Aguero or one and then the other... it's going to be a tough ask for the opposition.
Imagine him holding the ball up with Aguero, Sterling, Silva, and Yaya making runs around him. Hahahahaha. That's not a "tough ask" that is an impossible task!

With the very possible departures of Edin and Jovetic. This should make Bony the second main striker so he knows he will get the game time probably 30 - 40 games this season, and there's no doubt about him getting a lot of goals and i cant wait to see all the build up play with him involved will be brilliant with Sergio.

Bony's a fantastic player, he was brilliant for Swansea, just give him his chance and he will do the business.

A big big season ahead for City, I can't wait.

he is basically a new signing for me and I'm very excited about what he will do next season, i feel he will feature a lot more than people think and be a huge part of us doing well next year, I'm amazed ( well i suppose I'm not ) that he is being mocked and thrown in as one of our flops by the rags like he played every game and hardly scored. He was coming back from ACON and was then injured, he also may have been a little nervous playing with all these big names and by his price but he will be well settled now and raring to go in my opinion. at home v any team other than the top 4 id go Aquero Bony up top with MF of Sterling Toure Fern and Silva, we could well break all scoring records

Absolutely agree. For a big fella his first touch is sublime and his ability to shield the ball will cause a lot of headaches for the opposition. Great purchase for us and looking forward to him coming out of his shell this next season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.