Player Topic: Wilfried Bony (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Bony signs - official

eversince 76 said:
Didn't Jo wore the number 14 ?

Bony inherits the no.14 squad number vacated by Javi Garcia in the summer.

Previous wearers of the number include Roque Santa Cruz, Jo, Paul Dickov, Kiki Musampa, Eyal Berkovic, Gareth Taylor, Kit Symons, Carl Griffiths and Paul Lake.

I do have one question and it's out of ignorance because I've never really paid attention to Swansea games and only ever see them in highlights.

So, as we play a passing game and it's the core of our tactics, what's Bony's passing like?

Thanks for posting the video to whoever it was though. His goal tally already says volumes, but from that he looks like a instinctive finisher has really good positioning

shepboy said:
I do have one question and it's out of ignorance because I've never really paid attention to Swansea games and only ever see them in highlights.

So, as we play a passing game and it's the core of our tactics, what's Bony's passing like?

Thanks for posting the video to whoever it was though. His goal tally already says volumes, but from that he looks like a instinctive finisher has really good positioning

It's decent. He's good at holding up the ball and playing it to supporting players but don't expect too many Silve-esque defence splitting passes from him, that's Dave's job :)

Great signing the only doubt about him will be his mentality now the pressure to win every game. Got the feeling his mentality is in the same class as Yaya

Very exciting signing indeed, his skillset is certainly the perfect fit for City, and something we’ve been crying out for. A “big man”, physically strong, very good in the air, but with a great first touch, skilful feet, the ability to retain possession and find the pass, link up player with those around him and, most importantly, an eye for goal. It’s not a slamdunk of a signing though, there’s certainly an element of risk. He’s never played for a side at City’s current level, he’s never had to deal with the pressure that being expected to win brings with it. Sparta Prague, Vitesse Arnhem and Swansea City are certainly a step or two below where City will be competing so there’s always the possibility he’ll struggle to cope with the expectations. Personally, however, I think he’s absolutely the ideal attacking signing for us, his Premier League experience and his footballing abilities look like they were tailor made for him to have an instant impact. Given UEFA’s (driven by the desires of Europe’s establishment) attempts to derail our club, and certainly our season, it’s a real kick in their teeth that we’ve been able to strengthen in such a manner, and mid-season to boot.

mcfcinprague said:
eversince 76 said:
Didn't Jo wore the number 14 ?

Bony inherits the no.14 squad number vacated by Javi Garcia in the summer.

Previous wearers of the number include Roque Santa Cruz, Jo, Paul Dickov, Kiki Musampa, Eyal Berkovic, Gareth Taylor, Kit Symons, Carl Griffiths and Paul Lake.

From the sublime to the ridiculous with that list!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.