Player topic: Yaya Toure 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
sky tot said:
I can't believe the stick for a absolute city legend is getting, its way over the top , in a way I hope he doesn't play for us again because one stray pass , shit shot ect and I can see the so called city fans booing him .. He's had a poor season so as 90% of the team but some of the criticism on here is bewildering. You can call utd fans for all sorts of things but they don't treat their players like some of us do .

Your taking the piss - right?

Like a number of people on bluemoon I advocated that we sell Yaya last summer especially after cakegate and the other unpleasant comments coming from the direction of his agent.
From a financial point of view he had just had his best season ever and could have attracted a substantial fee from the likes of PSG. Now unfortunately after a relatively poor season any fee would greatly reduced if in fact anybody would wish to buy with his extortionate wage demands.
As regards his age and the demands of the World Cup and ACON we have seen a massive decline in his performance levels.
In the dressing room, being one of the big characters, I have a feeling that the atmosphere, whilst not toxic, could have been greatly affected by his attitude during the course of the season.
Sometimes you have to take hard decisions to move forward. We didn't and perhaps we will now be stuck with a £220k weekly wage bill for the next two years.

bulldogblue said:
Like a number of people on bluemoon I advocated that we sell Yaya last summer especially after cakegate and the other unpleasant comments coming from the direction of his agent.
From a financial point of view he had just had his best season ever and could have attracted a substantial fee from the likes of PSG. Now unfortunately after a relatively poor season any fee would greatly reduced if in fact anybody would wish to buy with his extortionate wage demands.
As regards his age and the demands of the World Cup and ACON we have seen a massive decline in his performance levels.
In the dressing room, being one of the big characters, I have a feeling that the atmosphere, whilst not toxic, could have been greatly affected by his attitude during the course of the season.
Sometimes you have to take hard decisions to move forward. We didn't and perhaps we will now be stuck with a £220k weekly wage bill for the next two years.
I advocated this too. But not because of any animosity or cake gate. I just simply thought he was on the decline. It showed last year, but his goals and assist bump, papered over it. Frankly Yaya has been only slightly less impressive than last season. He just isn't scoring free kicks and penalties to bump up the numbers.

Anyway water under the bridge now. Besides, had we sold him 90% of the folks here would have claimed we'd have walked the league had he stayed. FFS some are still saying that about Nigel :(

mosssideblue said:
blue ranger said:
Yaya is being a right snake at the moment. This season he has played like he is on strike. Can't remember the last time we saw him run. Now the season is coming to the end he is more or less saying he won't be handing in a transfer request so city will need to pay him off.

I heard a couple of years ago that's yaya contract says when fit he has to play in league games. Hence never sub.

Then hopefully it will be announced on Sunday that Yaya picked up a knock in last minute training. I'm convinced he was dropped recently and it was masked over this way.
There's no truth in the rumour. He's been a sub before and recently too.

I'm no cynic said:
mosssideblue said:
blue ranger said:
Yaya is being a right snake at the moment. This season he has played like he is on strike. Can't remember the last time we saw him run. Now the season is coming to the end he is more or less saying he won't be handing in a transfer request so city will need to pay him off.

I heard a couple of years ago that's yaya contract says when fit he has to play in league games. Hence never sub.

Then hopefully it will be announced on Sunday that Yaya picked up a knock in last minute training. I'm convinced he was dropped recently and it was masked over this way.
There's no truth in the rumour. He's been a sub before and recently too.

You can unserstand why some think that as he didn't play for us but then played for the Ivory Coast a few days later. I am not saying it's true. I have no idea.

Yaya is still a great player and can still be a valuable part of out team..

His recent performances suggest that he cannot cope in his current role, if he was pushed into a more attacking position i reckon we would see a massive improvement in his form..

It will be interesting to see what kind of performance he gives this weekend..

He should have been sold last summer - the writing was on the wall and didn't need hindsight to see it ... THe squad would have been able to move forward instead we've been carrying an overpaid, over-hyped primadonna....

He was never going repeat what he did last season or be as good again

THIS GUY IS NOT A LEGEND BASED ON ONE OR TWO GOOD SEASONS AND SCORING 20 GOALS LAST SEASON WHICH IS OVER-HYPED ANYWAY ... HOW MANY PENS AND FREE-KICKS????.... and he now appears to have lost the ability to take a free-kick?

He's always been a prima donna and confirmed it by behaving like a massive bell-end in the summer disrespecting the club and everyone associated with it....

He's s ALWAYS been sh*te defensively in open play and from set pieces ..... he's aCtually near useless in that dept, he barely gets into a trot when we lose the ball in a pathetic effort to get back behind the ball and the only reason he got away with it is because he scored some important goals and was very good going forward for us....

He's NOT a leader of men and he shouldn't be wearing the armband, when things aren't going well all he does is moan at the ref and sits on the floor complaining when he doesn't get a free kick. ITS PATHETIC and unprofessional.

ITS ACTUALLY A DISGRACE THAT HE LEADS THE TEAM OUT .....

If you are a City fan and want success you'd better grow some f*cking balls, there is no room for sentiment and that is exactly why we are going backwards now trying to accommodate this guy who basically a passenger in a lot of the big games .... It makes me f*cking furious when people come on here defending this guy £220,000 a week and he can't f*cking sprint back or mark people properl;y .... one season does not make a legend especially when that player is something of a bellend and has disprespected the club

TrueBlue1705 said:
He should have been sold last summer - the writing was on the wall and didn't need hindsight to see it ... THe squad would have been able to move forward instead we've been carrying an overpaid, over-hyped primadonna....

He was never going repeat what he did last season or be as good again

THIS GUY IS NOT A LEGEND BASED ON ONE OR TWO GOOD SEASONS AND SCORING 20 GOALS LAST SEASON WHICH IS OVER-HYPED ANYWAY ... HOW MANY PENS AND FREE-KICKS????.... and he now appears to have lost the ability to take a free-kick?

He's always been a prima donna and confirmed it by behaving like a massive bell-end in the summer disrespecting the club and everyone associated with it....

He's s ALWAYS been sh*te defensively in open play and from set pieces ..... he's aCtually near useless in that dept, he barely gets into a trot when we lose the ball in a pathetic effort to get back behind the ball and the only reason he got away with it is because he scored some important goals and was very good going forward for us....

He's NOT a leader of men and he shouldn't be wearing the armband, when things aren't going well all he does is moan at the ref and sits on the floor complaining when he doesn't get a free kick. ITS PATHETIC and unprofessional.

ITS ACTUALLY A DISGRACE THAT HE LEADS THE TEAM OUT .....

If you are a City fan and want success you'd better grow some f*cking balls, there is no room for sentiment and that is exactly why we are going backwards now trying to accommodate this guy who basically a passenger in a lot of the big games .... It makes me f*cking furious when people come on here defending this guy £220,000 a week and he can't f*cking sprint back or mark people properl;y .... one season does not make a legend especially when that player is something of a bellend and has disprespected the club

Good rant and probably alot of the fans feel like that inside if we're being honest. Be interested to know when the last time the yaya song was sang. Yes on his day he can be a great player but he's clearly playing like he doesn't care about us anymore. It sickened me to see him put no effort in the derby last week.

I'm really disappointed with Yaya's efforts this season but some of the posters criticising him have very short memories. If he doesn't care about us anymore how come he scored our goal at Palace?

I tend to agree with those comments that he is being used in the wrong role. His defensive duties should be relieved somewhat by playing the two Ferns behind him. Opposition defenders do not like seeing him barn storming towards their penalty area and it is that role that MP should give him.

I'd rather see Yaya up front than Edin.

I'm no cynic said:
sky tot said:
I can't believe the stick for a absolute city legend is getting, its way over the top , in a way I hope he doesn't play for us again because one stray pass , shit shot ect and I can see the so called city fans booing him .. He's had a poor season so as 90% of the team but some of the criticism on here is bewildering. You can call utd fans for all sorts of things but they don't treat their players like some of us do .
Well he should have put a gag on his agent then, or at least made a genuine effort to rectify the situation instead of allowing the whole thing to fester. By saying nothing and then playing a 4/10 season, how can you not understand supporters frustrations when he just appears to saunter around out there?

So true.

As things stand, the only spot that YaYa can play in a 4-4-2 is support striker. Even if we (hopefully) get shot of Pellers and go 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 he can pretty much only be trusted as the central AM. We just can't rely on his defending at all as it has been garbage at it all season. He just saunters back from any move upfield leaving Fernandinho and the defence exposed over and over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.