Player topic: Yaya Toure (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya?

Welcome to the season Yaya we've been missing you!

Some people should hang their heads in shame for the abuse he's been given this season. The important moments he's given us over the last few years should afford him a bit of slack.

Problem with the big man this season is that we have come to expect such a high standard from him, anything less than 2 assists and a worldy every game arent enough for some (including myself at times).

He had a shaky one against Munich but since then I think he has been very steady and its days like today you realise just how important he can be to us in winning us games from seemingly nowhere....before his goal I could have sworn we were destined for just a point, everything we hit was going straight down Guzan's throat.

I'd love to see him in a 3 man midfield with the 2 Ferns, less defensive responsibility = more of the Yaya we know and love.

Juan King said:
He's easily in the top ten of players who have ever player in the PL, yet some on here still are not happy. For all the clowns on here saying he is shit, name me a better or more influential player who has ever played for us?

Wilo Flood.

Kun Aguero said:
Juan King said:
He's easily in the top ten of players who have ever player in the PL, yet some on here still are not happy. For all the clowns on here saying he is shit, name me a better or more influential player who has ever played for us?

Wilo Flood.

Good shout.

Kun Aguero said:
Juan King said:

Wilo Flood.

Apart from him then?

I thought this was actually the poorest 90 minutes I've seen him play. I would have considered subbing him, until I was reminded why I always thought younever sub a player like YaYa.

meltonblue said:
I'm not sure what people expect from Toure. Dominating possession against a three man midfield was mostly down to him, he was the deep orchestrator of everything. He's not playing a box to box role this year, it looks to me that Pellegrini has asked him to sit deeper and so he isn't doing those lung busting runs he did last year. It doesn't get the best out of him, but it gets the best out of the system and if Agueros touch hadn't deserted him in the first half, we could have been three nil up and Toures individual performance would not have been critiqued at all. He's become a bit of a scapegoat where there are other bigger culprits for me.

In terms of his mentality and state of mind, people only need to look at his performances at the World Cup to see that the dip in form he has gone through is not a city only thing. As I'm sure anyone who has gone through grief knows, it can quite easily have an impact on your work and I trust Pellegrini completely in his judgment and allowing Toure to play his way back in to form - that goal today, which was excellent, will hopefully do him the world of good.

Is he (and his agent) an idiot? Absolutely. He's a professional footballer, most of them are. He is still one of our best assets though and has been an integral to our success over the past few years. For me, that coupled with the off the pitch issues he has suffered recently, I think he deserves a bit more slack than some people seem willing to give.

If we retain the title this year, part of it will be down to Toure. When he is on song, he changes us from being a very good team to a great team.

I think you're right about MP's use of him. I don't get why he's trying to do this again. It didn't work last year so why is he trying to make him into something he's not? He played him in that position to start last year and we had a dreadful start. When he switched Yaya and Dinho's roles we took off. Yaya can't defend so playing him in that position that Gerrard has been playing under Rogers which is why they ship goals for fun cause Gerrard can't defend either. Yaya needs the freedom to go forward when he doesn't he's not the same player.

Mr. Aguia said:
meltonblue said:
I'm not sure what people expect from Toure. Dominating possession against a three man midfield was mostly down to him, he was the deep orchestrator of everything. He's not playing a box to box role this year, it looks to me that Pellegrini has asked him to sit deeper and so he isn't doing those lung busting runs he did last year. It doesn't get the best out of him, but it gets the best out of the system and if Agueros touch hadn't deserted him in the first half, we could have been three nil up and Toures individual performance would not have been critiqued at all. He's become a bit of a scapegoat where there are other bigger culprits for me.

In terms of his mentality and state of mind, people only need to look at his performances at the World Cup to see that the dip in form he has gone through is not a city only thing. As I'm sure anyone who has gone through grief knows, it can quite easily have an impact on your work and I trust Pellegrini completely in his judgment and allowing Toure to play his way back in to form - that goal today, which was excellent, will hopefully do him the world of good.

Is he (and his agent) an idiot? Absolutely. He's a professional footballer, most of them are. He is still one of our best assets though and has been an integral to our success over the past few years. For me, that coupled with the off the pitch issues he has suffered recently, I think he deserves a bit more slack than some people seem willing to give.

If we retain the title this year, part of it will be down to Toure. When he is on song, he changes us from being a very good team to a great team.

I think you're right about MP's use of him. I don't get why he's trying to do this again. It didn't work last year so why is he trying to make him into something he's not? He played him in that position to start last year and we had a dreadful start. When he switched Yaya and Dinho's roles we took off. Yaya can't defend so playing him in that position that Gerrard has been playing under Rogers which is why they ship goals for fun cause Gerrard can't defend either. Yaya needs the freedom to go forward when he doesn't he's not the same player.

Because he wants to play 2 stickers personally I'd just play with 1 up top with YAYA silva and milner as the 3 behind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.