Player topic : Yaya Toure (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When was the last time he got a MOTM award? Sad to say he isn't doing it anymore. Certainly not on any kind of consistent basis.
The club is crying out for the next Yaya. Pogba is the obvious choice at £100m? + stupid wages. What about Barclay? I reckon in two or three years he'll be putting in world-class performances and scoring goals. Could be worth a 50m bid in the summer?

riechedly bazoer , this guy is a perfect alternative to pogba . Barkley is overrated and is a attacking midfielder

Would many be upset if this was his last season with us?

For me, it should be and we need to move on

Not me. He's been great for us but is clearly past his best. He either stays and plays on our terms - more sparingly and with good grace - or moves on.

We don't owe him anything and he can't play the sentiment card.

Yaya has been one of our best ever players but also has unbalanced the team throughout his City career, & imo has been one of the main reasons we have struggled in Europe, even in the Europa League.

Strange conundrum. One of the best I've ever seen in a City shirt but difficult to build a team around.

I love Yaya and I am grateful for what he has done for our club, but as many have said I believe this needs to be his last season with us. Personally I'd like to see Pellers keep the Ferns in midfield in Europe and bring Toure off the bench. Let him be first choice for domestic matches but at this point if we want to progress in Europe we cannot accept the performances he tends to put in at the continental level.

I'd love to see him get a chance at another club in Europe but I feel his time has run its course after this term.

Whereas we have counted on Yaya to carry us over the line in our 2 Premier League triumphs, his powers are on the wane so it falls largely down to De Bruyne, Silva and Aguero. Let's hope they can all stay fit and we still have a great chance of a 3rd title.

He is a liability now. Probably the most important player we have had in modern times, but he didn't fit anymore. Not in a midfield two for certain

Needs to stop being an automatic pick every game. Just cannot be relied upon in high intensity games and shouldn't be starting them as it instantly loses us the midfield battle

What slightly irks me is that he is our vice captain. How is anyone meant to look up to him jogging around the pitch lazily and be inspired to get back into the game at 3 goals down. Sure they should do that naturally but a captain has a role, it's not ceremonial. He doesn't rally the troops, he moans and flings his arms.
Maybe I'm reading too much into it, who knows. All I know is that he is clearly struggling and looking more lost and uncomfortable this season and his time surely has to be coming to an end.

What slightly irks me is that he is our vice captain. How is anyone meant to look up to him jogging around the pitch lazily and be inspired to get back into the game at 3 goals down. Sure they should do that naturally but a captain has a role, it's not ceremonial. He doesn't rally the troops, he moans and flings his arms.
Maybe I'm reading too much into it, who knows. All I know is that he is clearly struggling and looking more lost and uncomfortable this season and his time surely has to be coming to an end.
I'm not one who generally comes on here knocking Pellegrini. But I have said several times that making Yaya vice captain was not his finest hour. He's plainly been timid with Toure all along but really does need to be more assertive now about hooking him and sometimes leaving him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.