PLAYER WAGES

abu13

Team supported
Gods own
I have been thinking about the money in football, how it gets distributed and the feelings towards us in general.

The more i look at this the fairer i think it is,

As i understand it in American sport they have a luxury tax on wages, in effect it is a wage cap. Lets say this wage cap is £100k per week, you can choose to pay more than this but you would then need to match the over spend in a tax.

For example if we paid player A £130k per week that is fine but we would then also have to pay £30k per week into a fund, all the money in this fund then gets distributed throughout the league.

The same could happen with transfer fees, say an additional 10% of the transfer fee gets paid into a fund that then gets distributed through the leagues.

This way, if clubs want to invest heavily as we have and transfer fees and wages get driven up everyone gets some benefit from the system.

Surely this kind of structure could be arranged in order to ensure money gets channelled into grass roots football as well.

Just a thought.

not so long ago money used to get distributed more evenly, then the rich clubs like Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal etc decided they wanted to keep the money and 'sod the rest' !...why should we subsidise these clubs now they've fallen on hard times?
As for grass roots, we do our share eg Hyde and the CITC Sheme!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.