Players being booked for removing their shirt.

Stupid rule. Same with jumping in to the fans and stuff. It's all rubbish imo.

Griff93 said:
Stupid rule. Same with jumping in to the fans and stuff. It's all rubbish imo.
Exactly.

The goal and celebration that caused me to bring this up, was Silva's goal against Blackpool. He scored a wonderful goal that won the game for us. It was his first goal in England, his second for City, and a true showing of what he was like. He takes his shirt off to reveal a training top - a City training top at that - and he gets booked. It just doesn't make sense.

Players are elated when they score. I remember one player scoring a last minute goal in a Play-Off final and getting sent off for jumping into the crowd because he was already on a yellow. It's up there with suspending managers for bad mothing referees because it harms the oh so precious 'Respect Campaign'. Laughable.

IM NOT REALLY HERE said:
It is because the sponsorship is on the shirt and it gets good 'airtime' when the player has scored.

Sadly that's totally believable!

It is a stupid rulle! I think that, removing your t-shirt you're not hurting anyone or something else! You shouldn't be booked for this...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.