Players encouraging the fans

simonmdm

I know this isn't one that we can really affect, but do you think the players have a part in improving the atmosphere? For example, when we have a corner or a throw in, in the final 3rd, should our players throw there arms in the air to try and get the crowd to sing and make some noise (even if it's only a come on city chant before the corner is taken). Sometimes we give the corner taker polite applause when they come over to take the corner. Maybe the scoreboards should have the 'come on city' with the clapping hands that they used to have at Maine Road to try and get the whole crowd involved!

I remember when Elano and Petrov first joined they seemed to try it for a while but then stopped all of a sudden.

couldnt agree more mate, defo.

The scoreboard idea is good... When we have a free kick outside area some sort of crowd involvment would be good...

On the whole players raising arms to crowd at corners etc would get supporters going.

Look at kolo for instance, every home game he comes near south stand and claps his hands before start of the game, great gesture... Vinny Kompany loves the poznan and is first to get the players doing it when we have won trophies.. ( like to hear that "won trophies" ! )

Mancini raises his arm to his song, great bond, is there another club in th PL that chants the managers name EVERY game, not sure there is..

Sure I have seen Kolarov and Milner having a go at it?

It happens a fair bit in the PL, Lampard does it most games he plays, seem to remember Terry having done it before, Gerrard too.

I wouldn't mind players doing this but I'd rather they did it spontaneously rather than being forced to do it by the club or something.

Whatever ideas we throw about we will always have this sterile, clinical atmosphere as this is how tickets are distributed... safe standing with the ability to stand amongst friends will do more for the atmosphere than any player waving his arms in the air

we did mention this to the club a few years ago and they said we can speak to the players about it (which they did) and there was a response from the dressing room that the players would like to see the fans stay to the end and not leave after 80 minutes , which might be a fair point !

wearethesouthstand said:
we did mention this to the club a few years ago and they said we can speak to the players about it (which they did) and there was a response from the dressing room that the players would like to see the fans stay to the end and not leave after 80 minutes , which might be a fair point !

I bet the players have never seen anything like it tbh haha.

"We just won 4-0, where the fuck has everyone gone?"

Fair point, people may have a genuine reason for leaving early, but not 10,000...

I pay £500 for my season ticket, dam right i stay to the end... I owe it to the players after a 4 nil win... Imagine if players gave up fo last 10 minutes..

Ah well we are not all the same, might get a film tonight and switch it off ten minutes beofre it finishes.......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.