Players facing criminal proceedings

Churchlawtonblue

We currently have a player on trial for very serious criminal charges. If found guilty, his contract will be terminated immediately. But if he is found not guilty I'm guessing he will still never play for us again but assume City will still have to pay him or pay him off ? Anyone know what the process would be here?

I wonder if we would be able to sue the police if found not guillty for depriving us of being able to play him?

Probably best not to mention that him being arrested was maybe the difference in us winning the league last year.

If he's found not guilty he will be playing for city tbh. Or should be allowed to.

It all seems so guilty though. So I'm guessing his contract will be terminated.

Not sure it needs it's own thread though

Thanks for the responses. My guess is that we won't see him in a City shirt ever again either way. And if not guilty we will just pay him off and he will play in another country.

Guilty and city can void the contract with no challenge.

Not guilty - City will still want out and will probably pay him off and release him. He would be a free agent. Maybe they would put some claus in that he could not sign for a rival if that was a concern but I think they would just want it done.

Its also worth saying that the length of time this is taking is a shit show. Tories have run the courts in to the ground with under funding and there are massive backlogs. This could drag on a lot longer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.