Players / Manager abuse Investigation by the BBC

Gray

I was just too stubborn to ever be governed
Team supported
ABU & The Bus Wreckers
The BBC are running an article on their news page alleging that 2 PL players are under police investigation but are still being played by their Clubs.

Also they say a current PL manager is accused of raping a 15 year old in the 1990's.

How can they run such an article? It is obviously hard to think who the players could be with the airy fairy information given in the article.

But bloody hell there are only 20 managers so now every one of them is under suspicion, shocking by the BBC.

People shouldn't be forced out of work because of an allegation or they are going through trial, obviously if they are on remand that would be different.

Don't we already know who the two players are? It said 'sexual or domestic violence,' which presumably means one of each. I assume it's not breaking any rules to say that Antony is the domestic violence accusation, because that's been very public already. And there's a player that I think we're still not technically allowed to name, but everyone knows, and has had his bail extended several times. I've not heard anything about those charges being dropped yet.

On the wider point, it's a very difficult situation, because ultimately, you can't have a system where someone's entire career gets halted on the basis of a single accusation, but equally, we know that the rates of lying about rape in particular, are extremely low, and when they do occur, are typically obviously fantastical, and coming from someone with serious mental health issues. I think it's different when there are multiple accusations from unconnected individuals though.

Don't we already know who the two players are? It said 'sexual or domestic violence,' which presumably means one of each. I assume it's not breaking any rules to say that Antony is the domestic violence accusation, because that's been very public already. And there's a player that I think we're still not technically allowed to name, but every knows, and has had his bail extended several times. I've not heard anything about those charges being dropped yet.
Whatever happened to the Everton player? Siggursson or however it was spelt?

Whatever happened to the Everton player? Siggursson or however it was spelt?
From Wikipedia: "On 14 April 2023, Greater Manchester Police confirmed that no further action would be taken against Gylfi. Gylfi's lawyer said that the player would not sue British authorities over the investigation."

Looks like they've ruined his career for a case they couldn't prove. But strange that he's not suing, suggesting that he's not too confident a civil court would side with him?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.