Players to sue “for hundreds of millions” over use of performance data

Ric

Administrator
Good investigative piece from David Ornstein yesterday in The Athletic. Be interesting to see how this plays out. Don’t think many will shed a tear if the bookmakers, in particular, have to pay out.

Could open the floodgates.

If the players win surely that’ll set a precedent for us normal people to retake our data from SM and other analytics?

Saw this, sounds bonkers.
I wouldn’t be surprised if the motivation is more financial than social rights. Add a performance data payment to contracts for exclusivity to a preferred analytics firm.

Interesting, but I'm not sure what to make of it to be honest.

How can they claim to lost earnings unless the data was incorrect or presented unfairly?

I assumed it would be in players contracts that they agree to being monitored, at least by the club they are employed by, but maybe it ties into the whole spygate thing too then, i.e. not ok to get data for opponents? For betting I agree, if someone is making money off your back then that's a point of contention so maybe that's it, bit they mention other business types too.

Murky.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.