Players who might improve us

€600,000 euros a week, plus huge signing on fee and transfer fee for someone who's fit for 20 games a season and is less effective than Sterling? Let me think about it.

It’s not an area where we are particularly weak. Unless he’s available for a reasonable price, I’m somewhat surprised we are seemingly interested in Hazard.

Top player on his day but would be a terrible bit of business. Huge wages, huge transfer fee, injury problems, incredibly reliant on pace so at 29 probably coming to the end of his career at the real top end. Leave him to united so they can give him a 5 year contract on 500k a week and get one good year out of him.

I would take him in a heart beat. And the fact hat he may only be fit for half the season might be a good thing as stupid as that sounds.

We are going to have 6 top players for 3 positions.
Aguero , Jesus , Sane , Sterling , B Silva and one other.
7 if you include trying to get Diaz some minutes

If all 6 are always fit , we end up with unhappy players. No doubt about that.

If Bale came in as the 6th and could only play about 20 league games , I’d be more han happy with that. And he can play right left or even central

Only concern I agree with is the price for his age

I would take him in a heart beat. And the fact hat he may only be fit for half the season might be a good thing as stupid as that sounds.

We are going to have 6 top players for 3 positions.
Aguero , Jesus , Sane , Sterling , B Silva and one other.
7 if you include trying to get Diaz some minutes

If all 6 are always fit , we end up with unhappy players. No doubt about that.

If Bale came in as the 6th and could only play about 20 league games , I’d be more han happy with that. And he can play right left or even central

Only concern I agree with is the price for his age

Completely agree.

If you can get him for ~£50m and he agrees to cut his wages down to £200/250k a week, maybe. But outside of that, I wouldn't go for him, which ultimately makes it very, very unlikely to happen, unless he's absolutely desperate to get out and Real are absolutely desperate to sell.

I think he'd actually be a very good fit for us in that he's a world class, flexible forward that can be clinical in front of goal. There are just one too many factors that make it too much of a risk, namely the cost. Whilst his fitness isn't great, I don't think that it would be as much of an issue for us given we're well stocked in the forward department and just need some depth for the season. 20-30 games from him at a top class level would add a lot to our season, considering our options we have had up to now.

Let the scum have him to take up a valuable squad spot, whilst lying on a treatment table.
While I don't want him, I am not sure that I would welcome him going there. The risk of a two year swan song etc Van Persie had many injury probs before joining them.

you've really just been lurking, haven't you...
yes, if anyone doubts my allegiance, given the nature of my posts to date then I would say that paranoia has firmly set in. I have read this forums comments previously without contributing, in the same way as I read on line papers and don't comment on them. I thought it was time for a change, but am happy to revert to lurking if my loyalty continues to be questioned. Life is too short.....

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.