Please some one shoot at goal

paulkidd

Is it me, we seam to be frightened to take a shot on goal today first half especially. Stoke put everyman in the box to defend, there were plenty of little flicks etc which got us no where. Ireland had chances to lash in a shot which could be blocked by a defender into the path of Bellamy or who ever. There were shots that flew high and wide, There keeper had nothing to do and never saw the ball because of all his own players stood in front of him. I don't mind the shot going over as long as we keep on firing them in. We also needed some one to maybe win a free kick on the edge of the box which never happend. Use your heads lads fancy footballs in the box is OK when were three up, not when were chasing the game.

hence we need to buy RSC

Agree - Komps should have been up peppering that useless twat Sorensen -against these types we need more players able and willing to let rip

Don't laugh but we're playing a bit like the old Arsenal. They used to be frustrating to watch because they tried to walk it in. We have similar type players who love to pass and move which is pleasing on the eye when there's room but today it was so crowded in the penalty area we couldn't find a way through. I remember loads of times Arsenal coming up short because of this especially against sides that scrap. Saying that, of the shots we did have only Bellamy's came close, the rest were terrible.

My thoughts as well. If you dont shoot, you dont score. I know that Stoke took "parking the bus" to new extremes, but if you keep peppering their penalty area with shots surely a deflection or lucky rebound will come eventually.

citymad said:
Don't laugh but we're playing a bit like the old Arsenal. They used to be frustrating to watch because they tried to walk it in. We have similar type players who love to pass and move which is pleasing on the eye when there's room but today it was so crowded in the penalty area we couldn't find a way through. I remember loads of times Arsenal coming up short because of this especially against sides that scrap. Saying that, of the shots we did have only Bellamy's came close, the rest were terrible.

Totally agree - said this in another thread. We are playing like the poor mans Arsenal. Whinging when teams get stuck into us, overplaying the ball and coming up with excuses "You know what you are going to get against Stoke" blah blah blah.

Hughes must have zero faith in Caciedo because it was blatantly obvious to anyone with half a brain that Bellamy can't play on his own up front away from home and that we generally lack physical power in the attacking areas. Pathetic.

if we could keep the ball down when shooting we may have forced an error for bellamy to follow up.
our shots had row z written on them,bellamy,robbie,swp
it was just one of those days in front of goal-score 1 and we could have had a hat full again.
the fancy triangles are fine but we cant seem to do them in the oppositions penalty area,we are not at that level yet

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.