Plumbers corner

Goats left knee

Oil heating. Notice that the pipe from attic to outside drips when the oil is on. Anyway the smaller of the water tanks in the attic (which I assume is linked to the oil heating) the stopcock is submerged in water and the water level is at the level where it is ready to flow through that pipe to outside. Any tips on what I can do. Why is the water level above the stopcock, when I push it downwards water will flow into the water tank

Oil heating. Notice that the pipe from attic to outside drips when the oil is on. Anyway the smaller of the water tanks in the attic (which I assume is linked to the oil heating) the stopcock is submerged in water and the water level is at the level where it is ready to flow through that pipe to outside. Any tips on what I can do. Why is the water level above the stopcock, when I push it downwards water will flow into the water tank
Dont mean to state ovbious but sounds like stopcock needs to be replaced, it should never be submerged.

For me i would get a plumber, i do alot of DIY myself but with issues where water is involved rather get a plumber in. It needs sorting soon as if left it could cause alot of damage with leaks.

Assume you mean ballcock/ball valve?

It's easy to replace the rubber valve inside, or a complete new one is less than a tenner.

Loads of videos on Youtube showing how.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.