Police pt 2

de niro said:
Swales lives said:
Yes, will you ban me for being facetious? Is flippancy and refusal to do what I'm told by strangers on an internet really that important?

ducado is right to keep this and other threads in check, they do sometimes decend in to slanging matches.

you being cocky does'nt help either, no one is telling you what to do, he was simplly telling all posters on this topic what NOT to do, so get off your high horse.

just so you dont feel special this goes for any poster on any thread.

in our friend's defense though, I've written stuff up on here with my tongue firmly in my cheek (and having fun) but people have completely misunderstood and read me as being pissed-off.

I think textual stuff can be misinterpreted so much like this.

sometimes people don't seem to have a sense of humour or they lose it far too quickly when it comes to stuff where they feel they're 'confronting' or disagreeing with another person's opinions.

I guess boards like this invite differences of opinion, and there are a few who don't handle things like this very well, or when an ugly troll pops up to start trouble. I don't envy moderators on here.

MCFCinUSA said:
de niro said:
ducado is right to keep this and other threads in check, they do sometimes decend in to slanging matches.

you being cocky does'nt help either, no one is telling you what to do, he was simplly telling all posters on this topic what NOT to do, so get off your high horse.

in our friend's defense though, I've written stuff up on here with my tongue firmly in my cheek (and having fun) but people have completely misunderstood and read me as being pissed-off.

I think textual stuff can be misinterpreted so much like this.

sometimes people don't seem to have a sense of humour or they lose it far too quickly when it comes to stuff where they feel they're 'confronting' or disagreeing with another person's opinions.

I guess boards like this invite differences of opinion, and there are a few who don't handle things like this very well, or when an ugly troll pops up to start trouble. I don't envy moderators on here.

pretty near spot on, some people tease for a laugh, i have done it myself, its fun. some posters though are just waiting in the wings to have a pop at all and sundry, thats why i agree with the mod here as he was just trying to keep the board flowing for the good of all concered.
shame someone comes along to peck his head.before you know it as you say the "trolls" are out and the thread gets pulled.

there is just no need for it.

de niro said:
Swales lives said:
Yes, will you ban me for being facetious? Is flippancy and refusal to do what I'm told by strangers on an internet really that important?

My little pop at Ducado was entirely in jest - calling him "listboy" was a hark back to that huge list of WUMS and ITKs he had last year. I thought his response was a bit heavy, almost threat-like, and he clearly didn't read any of my sense of humour into it. Fair enough, he doesn't know me. As MCFCinUSA said "textual stuff can be misinterpreted". I think this is a case of that.

I don't have a clue what you're talking about with the "high horse" comment, I've tried but I can't see it.
Nearly all my posts are typed with my tongue firmly in cheek, and I won't be able to change my style - I'm too far gone for that.

Swales lives said:
de niro said:

My little pop at Ducado was entirely in jest - calling him "listboy" was a hark back to that huge list of WUMS and ITKs he had last year. I thought his response was a bit heavy, almost threat-like, and he clearly didn't read any of my sense of humour into it. Fair enough, he doesn't know me. As MCFCinUSA said "textual stuff can be misinterpreted". I think this is a case of that.

I don't have a clue what you're talking about with the "high horse" comment, I've tried but I can't see it.
Nearly all my posts are typed with my tongue firmly in cheek, and I won't be able to change my style - I'm too far gone for that.

sorry mate i thought you were having a pop at him, we have too much of that atm.
looks like he thought the same, this what happens when so many "trolls"(love that word) come on here looking to make trouble.

you carry on.

de niro said:
Swales lives said:

sorry mate i thought you were having a pop at him, we have too much of that atm.
looks like he thought the same, this what happens when so many "trolls"(love that word) come on here looking to make trouble.

you carry on.

No probs mate, crossed wire and all that. I do like to have a bit of banter on here, though I tend to steer away from full-on slanging matches, which are fairly tedious. I'm a sarcastic bastard and my humour can be a little twisted, but I don't come on here to insult people or start a row. There's loads of good eggs on here, which is the main reason I come on. There are some right tossers on here though (on the main forum usually).

de niro said:
Swales lives said:

you carry on.

I do hope i'm not included on that list? ;-)

blueinsa said:
de niro said:

you carry on.

I do hope i'm not included on that list? ;-)
on the list? you ARE the list:)

*singingtheblues* said:
I don't know where the original thread went to (probably descended into lots of immature personal insults, and was swiftly removed no doubt) but I came across a couple of very interesting videos which were relevant to that thread, which I would've liked to share in that particular thread.

But since that thread is no longer with us (R.I.P), I'll stick the said videos in here;

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a73_1251661761" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a73_1251661761</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=5ad_1251663926" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=5ad_1251663926</a>

Now these videos are all from American cases, yet they're all still relevant to the subject as a whole - plus there are some incredibly fascinating/ridiculous tales in there, with the majority of them being downright despicable.

I've no axe to grind with the Police, and nor do I hold a grudge against them. I certainly don't share BB2's extreme view... I do however tend to have my doubts about their integrity.
Sousveillance. Lets beat these bastards at their own game

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.