Political relations between UK-EU

Our uplands are looking a fucking sight sunnier than theirs at present, French factories supplying the UK, Macron getting savaged, EU populations now more at risk than ours, nobody I know would travel to countries way behind on
vaccinations. In fact, this ludicrous situation will now virtually kill off a lot of
an industry, already battered, which probably won't be able to send UK citizens to the Med, even though they're covid free, as they will still be months behind.
Yes vaccinations we know the eu countries have been a bit shit and will be a few months behind the UK. Quite what that has to do with future UK EU political relationship I’m a bit unsure.
On that what is your thinking on how we fix the shambles in N. Ireland caused by the internal UK border, and how do we fix the problems and expenses-many businesses and sectors are facing in the everyday operation of their livelihoods? How do we prevent the price rises once businesses open up again after covid as expenses are passed on to consumers?
I did ask somebody yesterday, think they must still be working on the well considered answer.

Not a good week. Wait until the member states find out that France requested article 16 to be enacted.
Because of course they did...

I swear Germany must be forever looking at France going "Guys, can you chill for just a second?"

Yes vaccinations we know the eu countries have been a bit shit and will be a few months behind the UK. Quite what that has to do with future UK EU political relationship I’m a bit unsure.
On that what is your thinking on how we fix the shambles in N. Ireland caused by the internal UK border, and how do we fix the problems and expenses-many businesses and sectors are facing in the everyday operation of their livelihoods? How do we prevent the price rises once businesses open up again after covid as expenses are passed on to consumers?
I did ask somebody yesterday, think they must still be working on the well considered answer.

But they need to have their dig at forriners....

It's not about their success as the EU, it's about seeing us fail.
Yes, because some of these posts aren’t about relishing seeing eu countries fail in vaccinating their citizens quickly enough, and portraying that failure, that will result in deaths as a Brexit success story. Using it as a smoke screen to avoid the real debate to be had about how we fix the so called teething troubles.

Frosty was a genius eh? I have posted several things today that 1632 cannot respond to because there is no adequate defence
WTF?!

That has never happened and I strongly suspect it never will.

I recall some fluff about Frosty the Snowman, but - what I will say, although I cannot be arsed to go and check is:

a) I have explained in the past why I had/have admiration for the professionalism and resoluteness that Frost brought to the role. The EU's game plan was to keep on with extension after extension - they needed to face the fact of there being a UK government that was not going to extend.

After answering in detail before - sorry, I am not going to make the effort to do that again for you - I refer you to the previous thread

b) You, Vic and others need to grasp that I do not make the effort of posting for you - I do that to share information with the Leavers and the Remainers that are objective and/or able to digest and consider.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vic
A bit shit is an understatement, Northern Ireland is being looked at, and I'll
be interested to see the outcome, but Von de Leyen's antics have not exactly helped the EU stance. The rest of your post are simply societal issues that everyone is, and will be facing, but as of now, leaving the EU is proving to be a decision, even if solely focussing on this one aspect of vaccines, and as posted above, there are others, to be the best thing we've done.
Dispute this if you like, I'm sure you and others will, but it's an absolute
fact that you're better off here, and out of it.

A bit shit is an understatement, Northern Ireland is being looked at, and I'll
be interested to see the outcome, but Von de Leyen's antics have not exactly helped the EU stance. The rest of your post are simply societal issues that everyone is, and will be facing, but as of now, leaving the EU is proving to be a decision, even if solely focussing on this one aspect of vaccines, and as posted above, there are others, to be the best thing we've done.
Dispute this if you like, I'm sure you and others will, but it's an absolute
fact that you're better off here, and out of it.
Yes leaving is the decision, the question was how do we fix the issues it has caused.Its a fact we won’t better off unless we fix them. My question is what do you think we do to fix them.What changes do we need to make to fix Ireland , or businesses increased issues.
What changes to the agreement need making.

So you mean it wasn't a negotiating ploy and they really knew what they were doing to the fishing industry?

I have explained previously why I do not engage with you. If you could stop your appalling habit of twisting the words of others to mean something that they did not say - that might change, but it seems to be an habit that you cannot break.

When I reply to you it is not to exchange views with you - it is to either correct you or inform others on the thread and prevent them being misinformed

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.