Positives...

JWP1926

Team supported
Manchester City
Although the result was not what we wanted i tookthe following positives out of the game:

Both our fullbacks including micah fucking richards are not first choice

We stil haven't conceded in open play

We have our typical city game out of the way

We Played Ok and created alot of chances, we look like a threat away from home which shows signs of improvement

Only three games gone and tbh i only personally expected 4-6 points from three tough (well what i consider tough) games

Another tough away game out of the way although the rest of the top four will win there probably

We now have a break to consoladate ourselves

We have a manager who cares and has alot of passion for the game, as was shown on the touchline (according to GMR)

I agree. Apart from Yaya and Milner, that was the same team as last year. Will only tell the real team when Kolarov, Boateng and Balotelli are fit

Last year from Spuds away, Red Dippers at home and Sunderlad we took 2 points...this season we have got 4...step in right direction for me.

Good post. The players will have learned a lot from this but I honestly thought we were unlucky. It's obvious we do need that clinical side that the best teams have and there were some pretty poor moments in the second half BUT at least we haven't just been beaten at home by Wigan hey?!

Come on doubters, this was a tough three games to open with. As gutted and frustrated as I feel now, you have got to feel optimistic for the coming season. With Ballotelli, Boateng and Kolorov to come in and Silva to find his feet we are in a place I never dreamed we would be in. This is gonna be a season to remember! Chin up lads and lasses!

Fair enough, but no we didn't create a lot of chances.

Thats the thing with how we play, we create very few chances, so its crucial that we score on those few we get. But when we fail to do that like today, we lose. Not really surprising since a team needs quite a few chances on average to score.

Couldn't agree with the OP more. We have a lot to look forward to. I can't say that I wouldn't welcome a 'Torres' as our one man up front with Tevez on the right and Balo on the left, with a central 3 of Yaya, Silva, Barry, Milner, De Jong to choose from.

just watched the highlights... we battered them, how we didn't score i don't know?!?

#1 positive to me is that we have a CB pairing who, at least in the opening three games, look as good as any in the league. I dunno what they are feeding Kolo Toure, but he is thrice the player he was last season and Kompany is as good as ever. I really hope they maintain this as if Boateng and Kolarov settle to either side of them, that will make us stronger defensively.

#2 positive is the passing and possession football we have developed and improved on. Sadly, today it led to nothing, we just need to figure out how to constantly create chances (as Chelsea, the scum, etc., do) and we should be stronger still. If Silva can settle that may solve it.

These players probably need 10 games to know each others strengths -we look powerfull & very strong at the back - yet last season we leaked lots of goals & looked very vunerable. Cant wait to see Ballotelli in Prem n boatang n a few kolarov -rockets -life aint that bad -Sometimes u dont get what u deserve -but that last ditch pen will SMART & make us stronger.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.