Post Match Thread: City v Juventus

Status
Not open for further replies.
would agree more if we were 25 games in,but after playing 1 game a week ,it is a piss poor excuse,we were done by a typical italian set up,shit finishing and playing a shit tempo to further suit juventus and playing a half fit silva

The team played on 2 days rest after a tiring International break. We lost against Juventus the second MP put out that team agains Palace.

It's simple: we lack players with the ability to finish/shoot a ball.

It became evident yet again in the CL last tuesday. We had lots of chances, yet only converted one. Yet Juventus who did fuck all most of the game sealed the 3 points in two moments of brilliance.

Let's be honest, who do we have with a good (or even remotely good) finishing ability, apart from Kun? Absolutely nobody springs to mind. Perhaps Yaya, but he doesn't play in a position where finishing is most useful.

Navas, Sterling and Silva are absolutely horrendous when it comes to finishing. 1 on 1 I never expect them to score, ever. Bony's not banging them in either, albeit being far superior than our AM's. Nasri on his day is actually pretty good, admitted, and I have hope for KDB. But I'm really getting frustrated by our lack in quality in the finishing department. The reason we are so bad at grinding out results (e.g. when a team parks the bus) is because we need lots and lots of chances for us to convert one. Now we are blessed with some of the best football players in the world, and our creativity seems infinite at times, but I just can't help thinking how unstoppable we would become if some of our players could actually kick a ball.

Disclaimer: not hating on any mentioned players. Silva for example is the best player in the league for me, and perhaps the best 10 in the world, it's just that he's absolutely shite in finishing. Not holding that against him though, as his other attributes compensate that tenfold.

Now the principle of Friday fixtures has been established, teams playing on Tuesday should have their league games on the previous Friday, and play on the following Sunday, Wednesday teams should play on the following Monday.

Then wankers like Rodgers needed to play their strongest teams in the Europa league because if they don't guess what will happen no 4th place...... And then they are WATF .....

But. Most importantly we need to stop are soles like pardew sending out teams to kick the shit out of the jewels of the premier league.

If the Pl do not address these issues NOW...then the gravy train will be somewhat less unctuous

what a great post , 100% correct , Pardew and Palace only had one intention and that was to rough up the best players in the Premiership , which wasnt the best preperation for a game against the 2nd best team in europe , english clubs will never succeed in the champs league until the likes of Richard Scudamore/Sky/BT sport arrange fixtures to benefit the champs league teams and players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.