Post Match Thread: City vs Spurs

No...

Radio 4 said it was a mistake "by the highly-regarded Mark Clattenburg". Yeah, highly regarded by anyone who wants to stuff City.

As to not closing people down, you could heart Hart shouting "Go to the ball!" as we just retreated whenever Spurs got possession. But until the winning goal, it had actually worked as Spurs never got near Hart. Anyone got stats for how much of the game was in our penalty area? I bet it wasn't much.

Seven first team players out.
Consistent injury record throughout the season. No other team in the Premier have had this.
Throw in multiple games , loads of travel and the fact that neither Merlin or Yaya can be fully fit and it makes me proud to see how well they have done despite all that shit.
Throw in very very very poor refereeing standards. And it makes it even more amazing they have done so well .
City I am proud to support you and Manuel Pellegrini and all your team you are doing an amazing job to even keep the team going.
Our time is coming again and there are bound to be some more twists to this weird season but CIty fans it's time for us to really get behind the team support despite all that shit because you love your team-I certainly do CTID

Seven first team players out.
Consistent injury record throughout the season. No other team in the Premier have had this.
Throw in multiple games , loads of travel and the fact that neither Merlin or Yaya can be fully fit and it makes me proud to see how well they have done despite all that shit.
Throw in very very very poor refereeing standards. And it makes it even more amazing they have done so well .
City I am proud to support you and Manuel Pellegrini and all your team you are doing an amazing job to even keep the team going.
Our time is coming again and there are bound to be some more twists to this weird season but CIty fans it's time for us to really get behind the team support despite all that shit because you love your team-I certainly do CTID

I`ll see you at Chelsea.

I think we played a lot more solid yesterday, even with the possession Spurs had in the first half we looked very comfortable at the back.
Second half we added a better threat going forward and but for a poor penalty decision we could have won that game, we were getting on top by then.
Fair play to Spurs they took their chance.
I think we will still win the league, I think the press will do half our job for us. We just need to dig in and enjoy the run in

Having watched Leicester and Spurs today they're much more organized and energetic. They know when to press as a team and when to drop off. We have absolutely no clue in this regard.

It is staggering how little energy and pace we have in comparison to most sides in this division, we are second to every loose ball 90% of the time.

It's fucking weird how Manuel gets it so wrong when @SWP's back and I have been crowing since the defeat at OT last season. Unfortunately a lot of people tried shouting us down, you've seen the light too late and this season is down the drain in terms of the league.

Champagne once Manuel is gone.

I think we played a lot more solid yesterday, even with the possession Spurs had in the first half we looked very comfortable at the back.
Second half we added a better threat going forward and but for a poor penalty decision we could have won that game, we were getting on top by then.
Fair play to Spurs they took their chance.
I think we will still win the league, I think the press will do half our job for us. We just need to dig in and enjoy the run in

Pelligrini looked like he`d actually got an idea how to set the team up yesterday, unfortunely we know he`ll revert to type and make a fuck of it very soon

Much improved performance, better team throughout. Undone by Clattenburg cheating (and poor finishing).

Disappointing result, sure - one that probably puts the tin lid on any title aspirations. But the performance warrants praise, not criticism. Set up was good and worked, and the players showed much more fight than usual over the 90 mins.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.