Post-season Aussie tour confirmed?

Falastur

I saw rumours that this would happen two months ago but looks like it could be about to be announced officially. Apparently an Australian news channel announced we are to play Melbourne Heart on May 20th at the Etihad Stadium (the one in Melbourne, not Manchester).

It's probably worth mentioning that the original rumours said there would also be a game against Brisbane Roar on this postseason trip, but that hasn't been spoken about AFAIK.

I saw Brian Marwood in Melbourne in January (Late Jan I think) who said that they were planning Melbourne and Brisbane but not Sydney

Given the timing it's fairly likely none of our players involved in the World Cup will be travelling

I know itll only be a second string line up at best, but still be great to see the best team in Manchester finally visit our shores down here (and mean I don't have to travel over there to see them!). Would definitely make the trip down to see them play, even with a weakened team!

Whilst I'd still make the effort to travel to Brisbane and/or Melbourne, it would be disappointing if it's scheduled in such a way that we miss out on having the World Cup players here. I realise post/pre-season tours are not the priority, but I can't see this going down too well with pretty much the entire first eleven (plus regulars off the bench) being missing from the touring squad.

Cheers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.