Prague

Planning on taking the family there in the February half-term as it’s relatively cheap (cheaper than Center Parcs anyway). Searched for threads on Prague on here and there were about twenty so have merged them, but not had chance to go through them yet.

Any suggestions/recommendations for a family with a 12 & 10 year old much appreciated though!

We stayed in the hilton with our 2 kids, was good because of the indoor pool ect. Can then just walk into the centre ect. Loved Prague a stunning place, worth visiting the Italian restaurant on the river it's view is amazing.

Reactions: Ric
Planning on taking the family there in the February half-term as it’s relatively cheap (cheaper than Center Parcs anyway). Searched for threads on Prague on here and there were about twenty so have merged them, but not had chance to go through them yet.

Any suggestions/recommendations for a family with a 12 & 10 year old much appreciated though!

Obviously depends on tastes and budget but you would probably get better value with airbnb or similar. I'd look to stay in Stare Mesto or Mala Strana areas. Easy to walk to all major tourist sites, though staying that central means the prices in most restaurants and bars is a bit higher and a lot more touristy. Smichov, Zizkov, Vinohrady and Karlin areas are not far from the centre and quite a bit cheaper (also a lot less touristy if that's what you prefer).

Plenty of nice places to visit just outside the city as well for a bit of a change.

I lived there for quite a few years and probably moving back in July for a couple of years. Still my favourite place in the world.

You're welcome to PM me if you want any specific info.

Reactions: Ric
We stayed in the hilton with our 2 kids, was good because of the indoor pool ect. Can then just walk into the centre ect. Loved Prague a stunning place, worth visiting the Italian restaurant on the river it's view is amazing.
Think I stayed at the Hilton on about 6 different occasions last year (3 or 4 nights a time) as it was about 5 minutes by Uber to shared service centre of company I was contracting for. Also stayed at the Intercontinental when Hilton was full, which is an even better location tourist wise but bloody expensive.

Didn’t get to see many sights but Prague is a great City.

Found a really good Indian restaurant not far from the Hilton; although I enjoyed the local food.

Think I stayed at the Hilton on about 6 different occasions last year (3 or 4 nights a time) as it was about 5 minutes by Uber to shared service centre of company I was contracting for. Also stayed at the Intercontinental when Hilton was full, which is an even better location tourist wise but bloody expensive.

Didn’t get to see many sights but Prague is a great City.

Found a really good Indian restaurant not far from the Hilton; although I enjoyed the local food.

Was the Indian restaurant next to a small lovely looking church? If so ate in there and enjoyed it. The Hilton had just been done up was very nice, airport was a bit different mind having to do security as you just board the plane was a new one for me.

Was the Indian restaurant next to a small lovely looking church? If so ate in there and enjoyed it. The Hilton had just been done up was very nice, airport was a bit different mind having to do security as you just board the plane was a new one for me.
Not sure if there was a church by the Indian; it was on a corner and there were roadworks in vicinity.

Refurbed rooms at Hilton were good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.