Premier League 2023/24 Player of the Season | Foden & Haaland nominated

WTF is VvD on there? The others are there on merit.
You just need to look at the colour and badge on his shirt to answer that question.
Anyway, if either of ours wins it, it will be because we bunged someone a huge brown envelope, since that’s how we do it at City.

Haaland has done fine. His general numbers are great but it’s fair enough to bear in mind that his xg is negative in the league, the only time this has happened to him in his shortish career so far. Point is, there’s no objective reason to suggest he has been league player of the year. Doesn’t mean I hate him or think he’s crap!

Indeed, I'm not disputing any of that - just highlighting that it says a lot about how much he's raised the bar for people to think 36 goals in all competitions could be anything other than a stellar season. I can't remember another player in history for who people would be suggesting that. Aguero never scored that many in any of his seasons with us!

Is this the PFA award or another award?
I've just seen a thing on twitter that links you to the page to vote for it.

In that case the winners will be Van Dijk and Mainoo
From EA's website:

The public votes will be combined with those of a panel of football experts to decide the winner, who will be revealed on Saturday 18 May.

Haaland has done fine. His general numbers are great but it’s fair enough to bear in mind that his xg is negative in the league, the only time this has happened to him in his shortish career so far. Point is, there’s no objective reason to suggest he has been league player of the year. Doesn’t mean I hate him or think he’s crap!

Scoring the most goals in the league without even playing the same number of games as his rivals is pretty objective. But whatever.

No Rodri in this list makes it a complete joke in any case. Just looks like a FIFA fan vote team on Xbox, just a bunch of English names and token picks from clubs that play in red. WTF is Van Dijk doing there?

Palmer YPOTY
Foden POTY/Rice will get it if they win title
If Villa get CL, wouldn’t argue if Emery got it over whoever gets the title.

Why the fuck Virgil the virgin is in there is a travesty, same with Klopp.

Just doesn't matter does it. Can anyone remember who won the POTY award in 2007 or 2014 or 2017 without googling it? But ask who won the Premier League title or the Champions League, or even the FA Cup, in those seasons and you'd have a much better hit rate without needing search engines. Take Rodri's attitude - he's not arsed about personal awards and neither should we be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.