Premier League Games 2/3/4/5/6/ May '24

What happened to var just asking the ref to look again?
There's a Premier League title race that needs to go to the last day of the season. That's what happened.

Besides which. It was beginning to look like one of those days where Arsenal could play until midnight and not score a goal.

PIGMOL couldn't risk it.

I haven’t been watching, only just saw the replay via halftime coverage on USA.

I am quite disappointed in Robbie Earle, who I usually think does a decent job of talking sense, commenting on the penalty saying he thought it was one and stating that “it shows the maturity of Arsenal this season, as last season Havertz may have tried to round the keeper and stayed on his feet and not gotten the goal”, before rounding it off with “but if I am a striker, and the keeper comes out, I am going to drag my feet and get the penalty”.

I may be misremembering, but I feel like he has said the exact opposite in the past, practically denouncing strikers being dishonest by trying to “buy” penalties.

Can only think the producers have finally taken complete control and begun to feed them their talking points as they have been on BBC and Sky Sports for many years now. Up until now it seemed like they were allowed to speak their mind, even when it went against the prevailing narrative in the UK.

Not so much any more, I guess.

Sad to see.
He probably did most likely a game involving us possibly..

He didn't leave his foot, that would imply he was stationary. He's dragged his foot into the keeper, he's the one who initiated the contact, never a penalty.
Not to mention since when did football become a non contact sport in the box.
Players will continue to blatantly cheat until the refs step up and recognise these type of situations for what they are- cheating and pathetic gamesmanship. Players should be booked instead of rewarded with a penalty that can change the outcome of a game and even the league.

There's a Premier League title race that needs to go to the last day of the season. That's what happened.

Besides which. It was beginning to look like one of those days where Arsenal could play until midnight and not score a goal.

PIGMOL couldn't risk it.
Exactly this %.

He probably did most likely a game involving us possibly..
Possibly. Though, the two Robbie’s (Earle and Mostoe) are usually quite complimentary and fair-minded when it comes to City, even being pretty balanced when it comes to the charges against us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.