Premier League Games 28/29 Dec

VAR was brought in to remove all doubt. The operation was a huge success, unfortunately the patient died.
RIP Football
Ok let's go back to having shit decisions like Simon Beck at Spurs a few years back or Milner's blatant offside ignored at West Ham last season. Those sort of decisions had people crying out for technology and now they're moaning about it.

Ok let's go back to having shit decisions like Simon Beck at Spurs a few years back or Milner's blatant offside ignored at West Ham last season. Those sort of decisions had people crying out for technology and now they're moaning about it.
And they still continue, your point being?

Difference is though that the decision (or non-decision) is instantaneous. Last night, from Mahrez having his toe stood on, to Raz scoring the rebound took nearly six minutes. Whatever ones views on VAR are, that is unacceptable for a game that moves as quickly as football does.

Used to fly over every month to watch City but haven’t been this season at all after the Champions league match v Spurs. I’m slowly getting to the stage of watching no football at all and that’s from someone who before this season would watch pretty much any game on TV.

Sums it up that doesn’t it. That Spurs game has now made me only half celebrate goals then look at the ref and the screens after every goal. It’s terrible.

Difference is though that the decision (or non-decision) is instantaneous. Last night, from Mahrez having his toe stood on, to Raz scoring the rebound took nearly six minutes. Whatever ones views on VAR are, that is unacceptable for a game that moves as quickly as football does.

Yes I agree I'd like to see offsides in particular being as instantaneous and automatic (i.e.no secondary human influence) as goal line tech but that may take another season or two to perfect.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.