Premier League Games 3/4 Sept '22

Yep Ten Bob had two games in which his whole philosophy is on and ditched it for hoof defend on the break football..
Shades of Ralf Ragneck's tenure at Old Scaffold, the king of the gegenpress, and had to abandon it after managing 45minutes in one half because the rag players were too gegendepressed.

We've not got out of second gear yet. We're still playing in pre-season mode. We're a point behind the leaders and can only get better.

No-one will keep up with City after the World Cup.
That may well be the case but it doesn't change the fact we were objectively poor yesterday.

But both Liverpool and now arsenal bullied and helped from the officials,they could finish 2nd the way things are going, Manchester city will have to play united off the park and score 3 or 4 to win the derbies because mark my words the officials will let them kick us off the park
I can’t see Dias, Stones, Walker, Rodri & Haaland being bullied by the rags. They might try it on Bernie or Phil, but the ones I mentioned are all 6ft plus and quite capable of looking after themselves.

But both Liverpool and now arsenal bullied and helped from the officials,they could finish 2nd the way things are going, Manchester city will have to play united off the park and score 3 or 4 to win the derbies because mark my words the officials will let them kick us off the park
City are the most physical team in the league. We rarely, if ever, get bullied by anyone. As part of our whole psyche, we don’t allow it to happen. If they kick us, we absolutely will [and do] kick them back. For all our beautiful play, we can rough it up with anyone.

Away in Madrid when we played Atléti, it was like we were enjoying being kicked about because the less we reacted, the more wound up Atléti were getting. To the point where they exploded because we could take their physical tactics and couldn’t deal with us just piling up the free kick count and getting on with the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
City are the most physical team in the league. We rarely, if ever, get bullied by anyone. As part of our whole psyche, we don’t allow it to happen. If they kick us, we absolutely will [and do] kick them back. For all our beautiful play, we can rough it up with anyone.

Away in Madrid when we played Atléti, it was like we were enjoying being kicked about because the less we reacted, the more wound up Atléti were getting. To the point where they exploded and couldn’t deal with us just piling up the free kick count and getting on with the game.
Agreed. No chance we back down.

I finally found out how it all works with united and the officials and how they control the brand.
It's so, so simple that I missed it for all these years, BULLYING and the officials turning a blind eye

when the better teams rock up at united they are allowed to kick and foul to get a result.
Jesus was kick off the park today and the referee let it happen, but when the smallest of fouls on a united player its highlighted and given and even a yellow is shown, i counted 4 fouls on Jesus in the first 20 minutes and 2 of them should have been yellow, you could jesus mouthing off about it to the officials, and he just laughed

mark my words, united will be the main challenge to Manchester city this season not by skill but by help from the officials,
Welcome to the party. It’s quite evident when you’re seeing it on a regular basis and the fact that United players are once again surrounding the referee and getting away with it has all the hallmarks of the GPC. Combine that with Neville (for Liverpool, see Carragher) reasoning away any injustice, live on air, and Dermot ‘clearing things up’ on Monday, you really do see how the powers that be shape the game (output).

I’m not sure if United will be a main challenger or if they are still some way short but what I do know is that if the PL have their way, it will be more of the red clubs challenging each other, rather than Blue.

But, I’m sure our club know this.

That may well be the case but it doesn't change the fact we were objectively poor yesterday.

Poor? Not in my opinion. More like disappointing.

We're everyone's cup final nowadays. Usually average sides raise their game and we will occasionally pay for the odd wasted chance.

Had Kyle Walker passed to Erling Haaland rather than thinking he was prime Aguero, we'd probably have had the match wrapped up by half time on Saturday.

Shit happens. We could drop another 10 points this season and still reach 100.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.