Premier League Games 9/10 Dec '23

Simply not true. Got our first penalty of the season yesterday. Should have had 5 or 6 before then - including vs Man Utd, Sheffield Utd, Luton, Villa, and West Ham. Nketiah should have been sent off in the game at Arsenal. Carlos should have seen straight red for Villa, while Cash and Mcginn should have had two yellows each. Joelinton should have been sent off yesterday. Chelsea should have been penalised for deliberately targeting Maddison - leading to his 3 month layoff - but ref persistently let them get away with it, which is why Udogie and Romero lost their heads and why Spurs consequently lost the game. In that game, Sterling should also have seen two yellows for clear dives in the penalty area but wasn't even shown one. The first of those was immediately before the Romero red and penalty. While it was fair that Romero's red stood (no free hit for serious foul play), the game should have restarted at the point of the original offence - Sterling's dive. Therefore, free kick to Spurs and no penalty. Probably more incidents besides that I can't immediately recall.

I'm not trying to make out that Spurs are especially hard done by and I fully concede that Romero is a fucking liability who needs to learn to control himself. But this narrative that Spurs always get favourable decisions is bollocks.
No team has VAR in their pocket. But this is blue moon so everything is a conspiracy.

Simply not true. Got our first penalty of the season yesterday. Should have had 5 or 6 before then - including vs Man Utd, Sheffield Utd, Luton, Villa, and West Ham. Nketiah should have been sent off in the game at Arsenal. Carlos should have seen straight red for Villa, while Cash and Mcginn should have had two yellows each. Joelinton should have been sent off yesterday. Chelsea should have been penalised for deliberately targeting Maddison - leading to his 3 month layoff - but ref persistently let them get away with it, which is why Udogie and Romero lost their heads and why Spurs consequently lost the game. In that game, Sterling should also have seen two yellows for clear dives in the penalty area but wasn't even shown one. The first of those was immediately before the Romero red and penalty. While it was fair that Romero's red stood (no free hit for serious foul play), the game should have restarted at the point of the original offence - Sterling's dive. Therefore, free kick to Spurs and no penalty. Probably more incidents besides that I can't immediately recall.

I'm not trying to make out that Spurs are especially hard done by and I fully concede that Romero is a fucking liability who needs to learn to control himself. But this narrative that Spurs always get favourable decisions is bollocks.
OK I shouldn't have said you had them in your pockets, and you had decisions go against you though I think you're clutching at straws with some incidents like the Sterling and Maddison ones.

OK I shouldn't have said you had them in your pockets, and you had decisions go against you though I think you're clutching at straws with some incidents like the Sterling and Maddison ones.
Maddison one is a bit of a stretch, granted, because there was no one specific incident of high controversy. But it became apparent in the first 20 minutes of that game, as Spurs ran rings round Chelsea, that they were deliberately targeting him. Fouled him time and again. Clearly provoked one or two Spurs players. Had the ref clamped down on it earlier, as he should have, things could have turned out very differently.

Sterling, however, was clear as day. Two obvious dives ignored and unpunished.

I've also remembered the Crystal Palace game. Three times (twice on Van Der Ven) Palace players came in late on Spurs players' ankles and turned them over. All went unpunished. Lucky no injury. Also, Ayew's goal for Palace was handball. Neither ref nor VAR called it.

Once again, I'm not saying that Spurs have been especially hard done by. But it is frustrating that every time we get a poor decision in our favour, it seems to cause headlines for days afterwards. But nary a word is mentioned about the probably equal number of poor decisions against us. That's what feeds this false narrative.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.