Premier League or Champions League?

What do you want us to win more?

• Total voters
Winning the Premier League demonstrates that you’re the best team in England and, as the PL is the strongest league in the world, pretty much means that you’re the best team on the planet / in the known universe.

Yes I’d love us to also win the CL but IMO it’s not a truly representative outcome because it’s a knock out competition.
My father in law was a good snooker player, he earned some decent money in the clubs but he wouldn’t play less than a best out of 17 (first to 9) for anything other than pocket money. If the world snooker championships were played in the same format as the CL would anyone actually think that the winners had truly proven themselves the best?

Premier league , but would like to win just ONE Champs league to shut up the detractors , but i supect when we do win our first Champs league we will then dominate european football whilst Pep is at our club.
Amusing that the media and pundits in general consider Arsenal a great footbal club with tradition but they have never won a Champs league either , and yet we are the upstarts despite outclassing every other Premier league club for over a decade.
Yeah, but Arsenal had marble walls and a bust of Herbert Chapman at Highbury.

Oh, and they're in London

Whilst I want us to win every competition we are in, and the champions league especially for pep and the players (plus to shut up the pundits), it's the premier league that is more important.

You can finish fourth in the Premier League, second in your champions league group, and scrape by the knockouts to actually win it. There is nothing 'champion' about the champions league.

Over a 38 game premier league season you have to be the best consistently. A few lucky wins, dodgy decisions or injuries to opponents counts for less as it has less impact over the season.

Also, uefa are arseholes and their conduct, for me, devalues their competition. Fining our opponents less for racist chants than we were fined for being a minute late back onto the pitch. Taking the step to ban us without sufficient evidence. Constantly hounding us over accounts in a way no other team is. Disadvantaging hundreds of fans with closed doors games due to opposition behaviour, then letting opposition fans in under the guise of 'sponsors'. Generously allowing up to 50% of attendees at their finals to be actual fans, so that the rest can be flogged to partners and fluffers. Premier League aren't much better but at least they know better than to ban a club without a shred of evidence.

Champions League

It's by far the most prestigious competition in club football. Real Madrid is the greatest club in history because they've always prioritized UCL above everything else.

What makes me happiest and proud to be a blue is watching the manager and players taking time out to go and visit young people in hospital and the less fortunates in society. The humility and warmth they generate is special. That video on here about the young lady getting cancer and the club helping her is class of the highest order. Well done City. If there were trophies for kindness & love City would win the world cup every year. (Unless your trying to take a bag bigger than A4 into the ground).

What makes me happiest and proud to be a blue is watching the manager and players taking time out to go and visit young people in hospital and the less fortunates in society. The humility and warmth they generate is special. That video on here about the young lady getting cancer and the club helping her is class of the highest order. Well done City. If there were trophies for kindness & love City would win the world cup every year. (Unless your trying to take a bag bigger than A4 into the ground).
Far prouder of the way Erin was treated by the club and by Guardiola than I'd be of winning any trophy.

Me: The league
But as the players, Pep and the bloke who owns us, forget his name, want the Champs League then I am happy if we prioritised that (if we had to)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.