Premiership footballer wanted following Hale Hit and Run

Judging by the size of his waistline I think it's about time he hopped on a bicycle himself...

Having cycled quite alot around Gtr Manchester I can say I've experienced many courteous drivers around these awful pothole infected roads.
However, I have memories of being hit off my bike many times, having far more accidents than whilst driving my car (never crashed once in my car doing 10k a year) yet a few hundred miles on my Bike will inevitably result in some kind of near death experience.

This country is shit for Cyclists. Less Velodromes and more dedicated cycle lanes.

Amsterdam is paradise :)

CTID1988 said:
tidyman said:
How did he manage to both, fail to stop at the incident and have a conversation with the cyclist?

If you stop the car, look at the damage then get back in and speed off without exchanging details its still classed as failing to stop.
Firstly we don't know who was at fault, its assumed to be the driver, but it certainly wouldn't be the first cyclist to cause an accident. Secondly how can you exchange insurance details with a cyclist, they don't have to be insured to be cyclists, so why should a driver have to give them theirs if they can't reciprocate with the driver ?

cleavers said:
CTID1988 said:
tidyman said:
How did he manage to both, fail to stop at the incident and have a conversation with the cyclist?

If you stop the car, look at the damage then get back in and speed off without exchanging details its still classed as failing to stop.
Firstly we don't know who was at fault, its assumed to be the driver, but it certainly wouldn't be the first cyclist to cause an accident. Secondly how can you exchange insurance details with a cyclist, they don't have to be insured to be cyclists, so why should a driver have to give them theirs if they can't reciprocate with the driver ?

You do not have to give your insurance details. The law simply requires that you give your name and address to the other person and the name and address of the owner of the car if different. The driver of the car is guilty of an that offence even if he is not responsible for the accident if he refused to provide his name and address to the cyclist.

cleavers said:
CTID1988 said:
tidyman said:

http://ukcyclerules.com/2011/02/08/when-do-you-have-to-give-your-details/

If someone makes an accusation towards you, you have to give details (name address etc), regardless of what you drive. The fact that the car drove off suggests that the car was at fault.

The accident, outside the Railway public house at Hale railway crossing, was apparently caused by the motorist swerving to avoid a pissed up soap star who stepped out into the road.......alledgedly.

zandvoort blue said:
The accident, outside the Railway public house at Hale railway crossing, was apparently caused by the motorist swerving to avoid a pissed up soap star who stepped out into the road.......alledgedly.
... he'd stepped into the road to pick up his girlfriend's reading book which had slipped from her school bag.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.