Preston's New Song

TheMightyQuinn said:
I used to be good mates with an ex of his and she didn't have much nice to say about him. He does seem to be a cock to be fair, he's gone from imitating Weller, fair enough, to imitating Suggs, the bloke who sells fish fingers on tv, to imitating an electro ponce.

My best mate knows him very well and I often see him out and about. He is a good guy by all accounts, he is putting up another of my mates friends free of charge for as long as he wants as the guy was made redundant and booted out of his house. The one bad thing I have to say about him is that he moved into my girlfriends uncles house when he married Chantelle and the dumbass ripped out the gold leaf ceilings and all the fixtures that were worth a fortune.

I own the earliest Ordinary Boys releases and had been following them before they signed to B-Unique but having heard from my mate how good this was Im pretty disappointed to say the least, robbed Happy house by Siouxsie and the banshees as well. Wird lost boys like video as well. I expected more but everything released after over the counter culture was dire. Their original drummer Charles Stanley was fucking immense, jet black hair and enormous sunglasses in tiny venues but he "left the band." I remember watching them playing support to some shit band and they were bottom of the bill below some weird skinhead band called the three skulls. Charles didnt have his own kit and at the end of their set he smashed the fuck out of their drum kit, ruined the skins and then kicked the kit apart sparing us all the three skulls. good times.

Spoke to a mate of his last night and B-Unique have pulled the funding by all accounts.

Now whatever anyone thought of the song, its a poor effort on their behalf as he was receiving a fair bit of praise for the single and largely positive reviews.

Apparently he has spent the last year writing and recording the album, he has played everything on it himself and now they wont even release the single despite making the video etc...

svennis pennis said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
I used to be good mates with an ex of his and she didn't have much nice to say about him. He does seem to be a cock to be fair, he's gone from imitating Weller, fair enough, to imitating Suggs, the bloke who sells fish fingers on tv, to imitating an electro ponce.

My best mate knows him very well and I often see him out and about. He is a good guy by all accounts, he is putting up another of my mates friends free of charge for as long as he wants as the guy was made redundant and booted out of his house. The one bad thing I have to say about him is that he moved into my girlfriends uncles house when he married Chantelle and the dumbass ripped out the gold leaf ceilings and all the fixtures that were worth a fortune.

I own the earliest Ordinary Boys releases and had been following them before they signed to B-Unique but having heard from my mate how good this was Im pretty disappointed to say the least, robbed Happy house by Siouxsie and the banshees as well. Wird lost boys like video as well. I expected more but everything released after over the counter culture was dire. Their original drummer Charles Stanley was fucking immense, jet black hair and enormous sunglasses in tiny venues but he "left the band." I remember watching them playing support to some shit band and they were bottom of the bill below some weird skinhead band called the three skulls. Charles didnt have his own kit and at the end of their set he smashed the fuck out of their drum kit, ruined the skins and then kicked the kit apart sparing us all the three skulls. good times.

Yeah, I'm basing my knowledge of him more or less solely on what this girl told me at the time so may not be 100% impartial ;)

I did like the first album they did and some of the singles from around that time, saw them live a few times around that era and they were always decent to watch (they played a few festivals I was at and also supported Moz at LCC) but they did get shit the more 'ska' they went imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.