Programme Wanted City v Derby 1976

No. Just that one programme
The others you'd be lucky to get £2 for each one.
Sex Pistols officiadoes collect that particular one because of the Anarchy in the UK advert inside it (see page 1).
It was advertised in other clubs programmes too in towns where the tour went. I know Plymouth Argyle had a similar programme that is much sought after too for that reason.
You have shattered my dreams now of a leisurely retirement, I missed this game because I had four teeth removed at the dentist the day before.seemed like a really good game as well.the game the season before was just as dramatic as well when Mike Doyle got sent off for his annual spat with Leighton james

You have shattered my dreams now of a leisurely retirement, I missed this game because I had four teeth removed at the dentist the day before.seemed like a really good game as well.the game the season before was just as dramatic as well when Mike Doyle got sent off for his annual spat with Leighton james
Glad you got them removed at the dentist!

I have never known, and will probably never know, whether this was my first City match or whether the 4-3 v Derby in April 76 was. My dad can't remember so all I have to go on is this:

We got stuck in traffic and were incredibly late and in my memory the game was already 2-0 when we arrived.
The game finished 3-2.

Only one of those things could be true so my memory has messed up somewhere along the line. I can't remember whether it was dark as we left either which would give it away.

I have never known, and will probably never know, whether this was my first City match or whether the 4-3 v Derby in April 76 was. My dad can't remember so all I have to go on is this:

We got stuck in traffic and were incredibly late and in my memory the game was already 2-0 when we arrived.
The game finished 3-2.

Only one of those things could be true so my memory has messed up somewhere along the line. I can't remember whether it was dark as we left either which would give it away.
The 4-3 was my first match on the kippax as platt lane had sold out. Watched the match on my dad’s shoulders. Tueart’s goal seemed to take an eternity!

The 4-3 was my first match on the kippax as platt lane had sold out. Watched the match on my dad’s shoulders. Tueart’s goal seemed to take an eternity!
Well then that proves conclusively that the 3-2 was my first game because we sat in the Platt Lane even though we didn't get there until about 3.15pm. Can't say i remember any of the goals, just the atmosphere, the smells and the lighters lighting up the Kippax all the time. Cheers for that mate.

I only once remember the Platt Lane being full and us being turned away and that was a game against Arsenal.

Does anyone have a copy of the programme for City v Derby 4th December 1976 that they’d sell? Or contact details for anyone that might have a copy. Ta

I will have several copies - happy to gift you one if you can meet me at my lock up

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.